Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Default RE: Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!

I haven't had my H3X long but the sunroof does not leak even after numerous power washes. My first choice would be the dealership under warranty. If they refuse, ask for a Hummer regional Rep look at it. My last resort would be for the compressed air.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM

i ma told its the REAR drains that are clogged. i have to take off my whole headliner to clean em! what???

Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 AM

how can i get the numbers and emails for someone to contact... like regional or something?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: JeepeaterH3

how can i get the numbers and emails for someone to contact... like regional or something?
Your dealer can bring in a Service Rep if you ask for it. Your manual also has contact information.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM

i have 43000 miles on my H3 and my sunroof has never leaked

i love the sunroof, it is so huge !!!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM

heres what i needed!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/oh-yeahhh/a...ory-291340.php

Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM

Yea i love my sun roof too!! I haven't a leak yet!! (knock on wood)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

I know this sounds pretty simple but on the rare occasion that I have had a dealer not want to take care of something I took it to another dealer and in every case they took care of it. I did the regional thing once and it worked like a charm. Regional Chevy guy told the dealership to fix everything on my list. ( It wasn't a Hummer )

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

I dont know if gm has this tool . but at the toyota dealer we are required to have a sunroof drain auger.. kinda like a plumber would have but its much smaller. its made by otc ill try to get a part number at work tomorrow. I wouldn't blow the drains out with air because the tubes will pop off and then you will have to remove the headliner anyway to reattach them. try a wire or the auger i mentioned.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 AM

Dealer fixed my 06 leak about 8,000 miles ago (under warranty) but did not tell me how. Now it is back to leaking again and I am beyond the max miles (now 43k). Thankfully I park mine in the garage at home. (btw, it is blue but not slate...lol) Sadly, if it rains at work I have to open the sunroof and soak up the excess water out of the channel before I drive home... Otherwise the water will spill onto the headliner and come out of the Onstar mic... not fun.

Looking down from a second story window the other day I happened to notice the rubber seal on the glass of the sunroof is shrinking and pulling away from one side. Would love to replace this to help solve this problem... Anyone know of a kit to replace seals and wear parts like this?

Quick Reply: Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!