Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

subframe bushing replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Lolololololololololol

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
Mr. Jackabone, your qenis envy of me, your jealous infatuation about what I do for a living and the obvious shortcomings of your manhood are becoming, in all honesty, all too transparent and downright creepy! You seem a little edgy - I really hope you didn't lose your job....again. A while ago, I decided that I would still read the info here as it is a good forum, with for the most part, good people but I don't post much here because of know-it-all ****** like you but if I can help the good members here with information that I might know, I will continue to try to do so.

Anywho, if you can get over the butt-hurt and qenis envy I suggest that we try to have an adult and intelligent discussion about this topic and not lose sight of the fact that we are trying to help another forum member here. Given the fact that you've never been accused of being a genius or better yet, half-way intelligent, I realize that may be quite a challenge for you but I'm willing to try. Are you? You had to have been that fat kid on the school playground who was always picked on. Only that could explain and justify the miserable person that you are - angry at everyone & everything. I am secure in my own skin - someday, maybe you will be too.

Until then, let me put together a few questions for you on this topic to see how much of an expert you really are. Because I see that in your attempt to help the OP and in the bushing redux thread that I referred the OP to (& not you), you and the thread have left out quite a few pieces of information that has transpired and been gained from those of us who actually wheel on more than just dirt Forest Service roads on an island off the Michigan coast and have tested both of these products in this application in the "real-world" and what we have learned since that thread was created that he should know so that he can make an informed choice of what "fix" may be best for him.

Oh, and before I forget, on another note, since your grasp of the English language is so "advanced" that you can spot and single out misspelled words in what seems to be in only my posts, you ought to try to learn and become functionally proficient in your use of the English language first in order to have any credibility when you attempt to make a wise-crack and factually untrue statement out of your ***.

People who pawn goods at a pawnshop hock them. That’s why such places are sometimes called “hock shops.”

Vendors who proclaim aloud about the availability of their goods on the street hawk them. Such people are called "hawkers."

The latter word (by that, I am referring to the second word Mark) is used metaphorically (you might need to look that one up yourself in the dictionary) of people or businesses promoting anything for sale. They are not "hocking their wares" (or worse, "hocking their wears"), but "hawking their wares."
Very thoughtful message. I'll keep it under my pillow. Hmmmm.............. wonder why the OP PM'd me about the part and not you?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 AM

It took you almost 12 hours to reply and that's the best you could do?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the OP also sent me a PM about the Scorpworks H3 crossmember bushing (the product with the lifetime warranty).

So are you now ready to have an intelligent discussion about the 2 products in order to help surfnaked with his choice?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

This should remain a technical discussion on the benefits of each approach to solving the OP's issue. Personal attacks will earn the poster a vacation, at best. Keep the swords in their scabbards and feel free to discuss the merits of the solutions you prefer. Lines have already been crossed so their is no tolerance for additional personal attacks.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 AM

3hummers, will do so & sorry.

So, let's start with some basic information for surfnaked about the ES bushing kit and the Scorpworks crossmember bushing fixes:

1)What is the durometer rating of the ES bushings?
2) What is the durometer rating of the Scorpworks bushings?
3) Why was the durometer rating of the Scorpworks bushings chosen for this particular application?
4) What was the originally, designed application for the ES bushings?
5) What is the OEM ride height of the OEM nonserviceable bushing and keyed metal head that the front diff rests on?
6) Since as Mark mentions, you will need to cut/shorten each of the ES bushings (with a simple hack saw or band saw) and the ES metal sleeve (with a hack saw or band saw) in order to get a tight fit and proper compression of the bushings. How much of each of the 2 bushings and the metal sleeve needs to be cut in order to get the right fit, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, the proper ride height for the ES bushing fix? (keeping in mind that if you're just guessing and cutting as you go and you don't get close to the OEM ride height of the OEM bushing and keyed metal head, what effect over the short and long-term will the non-OEM ride height (too high or too low) of the ES bushing fix have on the angle of the prop shaft and for that matter, the cv shafts?
7) Do the ES bushings need to be pressed back into the crossmember?
8) Will the ES bushing kit fit/work with the newer style crossmember that newer H3s came with from the factory and all recent GM crossmember warranty replacements included?
9) Do the ES bushings come with a lifetime replacement guarantee?
10) With the ES bushing kit/fix, do you reuse the original factory diff carrier bolt & nut that goes through the metal sleeve?
11) Does the ES bushing fix retain the metal keyed head that the front diff rests on?

Ok, from my perspective, this is a good start to the questions and an objective discussion of these 2 products and their respective qualities and differences.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 PM

Being that I will be attempting this swap my self (and possibly some good friends and a 12 pack), I'd like to keep the difficulty rating to a minimum. I have the usual DIY tools at my disposal, but nothing along the lines of a press. Not to mention, purchasing something brand new and having to chop bits an pieces of it off to make it fit some what scares me. This thing is my daily driver, all my other vehicles have fallen victim to my constant need to tinker and aren't in running order, so this needs to be a quick, easy painless, and most importantly lasting fix to my issue. As a consumer, the words "Lifetime Warranty" does catch my attention. My only issue is the sending back of my existing crossmember. What's it cost to send it back to Scorpworks? and what are the warranty limitations?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

In Moab I watched a guy remove and replace his cross member with the ScorpWorks replacement in 20 minutes. He only had time to drink one beer during the process. I do not know what shipping would be but ScorpWorks has done this quite a few times and could probably give you an idea. I doubt you are looking at much money on the shipping though.
I have no experience with the alternate repair method so Mark would have to give you more information on that.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by surfnaked
My only issue is the sending back of my existing crossmember. What's it cost to send it back to Scorpworks? and what are the warranty limitations?
surfnaked,the answers to your 2 questions are as follows:

1) The price includes all of the following:
(a) your selected style of H3 cross-member with all new pre-installed/pressed Scorpworks H3 bushings;
(b) Grade 8 hardware (1/2" ftont diff carrier bolt, washers & lock washer) needed to install your front diff onto your crossmember;
(c) all shipping costs for your Scorpworks H3 bushing cross-member; and
(d) all shipping costs to return your core/old cross-member back to Scorpworks (a return, pre- paid shipping label is included with the shipment of your Scorpworks H3 bushing cross-member so that all you have to do is slap the pre-paid shipping label on and place your core in the same box that you received & have it shipped back to Scorpworks.

IN ADDITION: All "new style" Scorpworks H3 bushing cross-members come with a UCP tab already welded on with a pre-drilled OEM UCP bolt hole - so you will NOT need to worry about modifying your UCP or cross-member in order to re-mount your UCP. A new, dealer bought OEM "new style" crossmember does not come with the UCP tab already welded on.
2) the Scorpworks bushing lifetime replacement guarantee/warranty is as follows:

If the Scorpworks bushing wears out/fails at any time, for any reason and you ship us your crossmember with the worn out/failed bushing, Scorpworks will send you a replacement cross-member with a new Scorpworks bushing pre-installed, AT NO CHARGE. What's included - a new Scorpworks bushing, Scorpworks-supplied Grade 8 bolt, washers, lock nut, internal bushing sleeve with keyed-head and labor to press-fit/preload the bushingi into the cross-member.

WARRANTY LIMITATIONS/EXCLUSIONS: 1) you must pay the shipping costs to send us your cross-member with the failed, worn-out Scorpworks bushing; 2) lifetime replacement guarantee does not cover replacement of a failed, damaged or otherwise unusable OEM cross-member, cross-member front diff bolts, retaining nuts and the concave bottom retainer washer (i.e., all the OEM front diff mounting hardware) due to failure, breakage, damage or wear of such parts. If in the sole discretion of Scorpworks, your OEM cross-member is un-useable due to damage, breakage or wear, you must pay the full-cost for a replacement cross-member.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 AM

Surfnaked, sounds like you have already made up your mind due to the limited "lifetime warranty".

Oh, smallunit had to go get Daddy (3hummers) to protect him! That is sooo cute!

A "Lifetime Warranty" lasts only as long as the company making the product lasts.

Nice "disclaimer" statement on the Limited "lifetime warranty".

If the Scorpworks bushing wears out/fails at any time, for any reason and you ship us your crossmember with the worn out/failed bushing, Scorpworks will send you a replacement cross-member with a new Scorpworks bushing pre-installed, AT NO CHARGE. .

WARRANTY LIMITATIONS/EXCLUSIONS: 1) you must pay the shipping costs to send us your cross-member with the failed, worn-out Scorpworks bushing; 2) lifetime replacement guarantee does not cover replacement of a failed, damaged or otherwise unusable OEM cross-member, cross-member front diff bolts, retaining nuts and the concave bottom retainer washer (i.e., all the OEM front diff mounting hardware) due to failure, breakage, damage or wear of such parts. If in the sole discretion of Scorpworks, your OEM cross-member is un-useable due to damage, breakage or wear, you must pay the full-cost for a replacement cross-member.

So they can deny your warranty for wear? Driving your rig is considered wear right? Oh, and if you wheel your H3/H3T they can deny it for that too!

Oh, smallunit had to go get Daddy (3hummers) to protect him! That is sooo cute!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ToDieFor
Lolololololololololol
Thats a great first post !! lol

Tainter you really need to calm down,try relaxing sometime

Quick Reply: subframe bushing replacement?