Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

subframe bushing replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 AM

OK, so let's discuss the scope of the Scorpworks warranty in an effort to help surfnaked and others make his/their decision.

The warranty clearly states that it covers the bushing if it wears out/fails at any time, for any reason.

1) In order to get your free replacement crossmember with a new bushing, all you have to do is ship your crossmember with the worn-out Scorpworks bushing at your expense and Scorpworks will ship you a free replacement at Scorpworks' expense. Sounds pretty fair to me and isn't that the standard for mail-in warranties? The consumer pays for shipping the product back.

2) If you send Scorpworks a mangled or broken crossmember he has the right to decide to not send you a free replacement. That seems fair - why should he, he didn't manufacture the crossmember, GM did, and he can't recondition it & try to sell it to someone else, so why should he give you a free one.

The scope of the warranty is quite simple and consistent with that of any other manufacturer - he stands by and guarantees that the bushing will never fail or wear-out but if you break the crossmember, it's time for you to buy a new one.

There are now quite a few of Scorpworks bushing crossmembers out there on H3s/H3Ts (many of those are on rigs whose offroad use is well-documented and so far THERE IS A ZERO FAILURE RATE on any of the Scorpworks bushing crossmembers sold to date. I would say that is pretty damn good!

For me, it's great to know that I probably will never need to spend another dime on a front diff crossmember AND if for some reason yours fails or wears out, you will get another one if you're willing to pay pay 1-way shipping costs. That's not a bad warranty IMO.

So, are there any more questions about the warranty? If not, let's get back to answering and discussing the questions I posed above.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mark,

My post was directed at you and Luis equally. At this point you both are on thin ice. The OP ask a question looking for help. He didn't ask to be a spectator in a war between the two of you. Your response was over the top and then Luis followed suit. These types of exchanges are counterproductive for the forum and will not be tolerated. You know that and so does Luis. I am not issuing any more warnings. Next one to go nuclear is gone.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Mark,

My post was directed at you and Luis equally. At this point you both are on thin ice. The OP ask a question looking for help. He didn't ask to be a spectator in a war between the two of you. Your response was over the top and then Luis followed suit. These types of exchanges are counterproductive for the forum and will not be tolerated. You know that and so does Luis. I am not issuing any more warnings. Next one to go nuclear is gone.
p nice to see you actually on the forum again giving Doc a hand.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Fortunately this forum doesn't need a lot of policing as most of the members know how to conduct themselves.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
OK, so let's discuss the scope of the Scorpworks warranty in an effort to help surfnaked and others make his/their decision.

The warranty clearly states that it covers the bushing if it wears out/fails at any time, for any reason.

1) In order to get your free replacement crossmember with a new bushing, all you have to do is ship your crossmember with the worn-out Scorpworks bushing at your expense and Scorpworks will ship you a free replacement at Scorpworks' expense. Sounds pretty fair to me and isn't that the standard for mail-in warranties? The consumer pays for shipping the product back.

2) If you send Scorpworks a mangled or broken crossmember he has the right to decide to not send you a free replacement. That seems fair - why should he, he didn't manufacture the crossmember, GM did, and he can't recondition it & try to sell it to someone else, so why should he give you a free one.

The scope of the warranty is quite simple and consistent with that of any other manufacturer - he stands by and guarantees that the bushing will never fail or wear-out but if you break the crossmember, it's time for you to buy a new one.

There are now quite a few of Scorpworks bushing crossmembers out there on H3s/H3Ts (many of those are on rigs whose offroad use is well-documented and so far THERE IS A ZERO FAILURE RATE on any of the Scorpworks bushing crossmembers sold to date. I would say that is pretty damn good!

For me, it's great to know that I probably will never need to spend another dime on a front diff crossmember AND if for some reason yours fails or wears out, you will get another one if you're willing to pay pay 1-way shipping costs. That's not a bad warranty IMO.

So, are there any more questions about the warranty? If not, let's get back to answering and discussing the questions I posed above.
surfnaked, I bet that Smallunit didn't happen to mention this part did he? This is information that ALL HF forum member should know about Preferred Chassis Fabrication and bigunits "help". You HAVE to be a member of THEIR forum AND in good standing!
Not promoting his website? B frickin' S!
This is a quote DIRECTLY FROM THE ADMIN OF THAT OTHER FORUM!

"Preferred Chassis Fab - exclusive to (XXX FORUM)
(XXX FORUM) is fortunate to have some great partners including Preferred Chassis Fabrication. We've entered an exclusive deal where (XXX FORUM) is the exclusive source for HUMMER items sold by Preferred Chassis Fabrication. He is designing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and supporting these items solely for (XXX FORUM) members in good standing.

To that end, Dwaine has requested that ALL initial inquiries be started via Private Message. You may PM him at PreferredChassisFab. (Click the link to start a PM). No other initial inquiries for these exclusive parts will be accepted.

Thank you,
Dwaine and your staff at (XXX FORUM)"

Last edited by TAINTER; 06-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Thanks Mark! I had no intention of posting that information publicly on this forum because I didn't want to get accused or banned for promoting another forum on this one - but thanks for taking care of that issue for me! I figured that anyone interested in the product would do their own research and make their own decision on whether to go to that other forum and buy the product from Preferred Chassis. The truth of the matter is that several members here are already members of that other forum and your other forum (where you also happen to be a moderator).

....and yes, surfnaked was already aware of that fact and that was another reason why I didn''t need to post it here. The bottom line is that people will vote with their wallets and several have done so already but I will state again - this isn't MY product and it isn't MY forum (I do happen to be a moderator there) but I do not own or have any financial interest in the product or that forum.

So, I'll ask again, are you now ready to discuss the merits of these 2 products?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM

That damn bushing was among the first of many front end bushings to head south on my 3--it's not a good feeling in the middle of a trail in MOAB to listen to your differential go clunk as you're climbing thru an obstacle.
Glad to hear there are multiple means to achieve replacement.
I've been out of the 3 for 2 years now and hope the aftermarket has come around since then to address the multiple issues that entire H3 front end has.
The front end was actually the reason I don't feel so bad about trading the 3 for the 2. I don't even know if my 2 has bushings on the front, and that's the way it should be!

BTW--a lawyer and a guy from Detroit walk into a bar, the lawyer turns to the guy from Detroit and says ........

Hello, is this thing on? Too early for these kinds of jokes?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 PM

Hey Twin! let me finish that joke for you...

The lawyer turns to the guy from Detroit and says ........

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the road-side eating grass.

Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and got out to investigate. He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You may come with us, also."

The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and six children with me!"

"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered. They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine.

Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said,"Sir, you are too kind Thank you for taking all of us with you.”

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 AM

Q: What's the difference between an Arizona Lawyer and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a lawyer.

Short and to the point unlike yours long drawn out drivel!

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-17-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

Quick Reply: subframe bushing replacement?