Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Security System Got The Best of Me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Angry Security System Got The Best of Me!

I did a search first before putting out this question and couldn't find any answers,so here goes!

After pulling out the climate control module and changing the blown bulbs, when reattaching the plugs to the back of the module the hazard lights started blinking even though the button hadn't been pushed in.

All the lights on the dash board started blinking and I saw the three bulbs I had replaced were working.

Then everything went dead. I could turn the key, but it wouldn't come out of the ignition. The button on the shifter wouldn't press in to move the shifter out of park, no lights, no electric locks, nothing!

I unhooked the battery cables, left them off for a half an hour then reconnected them. The hazard lights were blinking again and the DIC was reading "Lock 1".

Looking in the owner's manual I see that is part of the security system and the only way to turn off the security system is to press "unlock" with the key fob (which I don't have) or have OnStar do it, which I'm not a customer.

So, besides getting out my 20 pound sledge hammer, what on earth should I do?

All this from just changing three little light bulbs!!!!!

Old 03-19-2019, 04:49 PM

Did you have the car running or the key in accessory when you unplugged or plugged the module in? I replaced the bulbs in my climate module and didn't have any of this happen. Are you using any aftermarket alarm system? Positive you didn't damage any of the wiring or circuit board in the module?

Old 03-19-2019, 06:25 PM

The key was in the off position the whole time.

I was extra careful replacing the bulbs.

No extra market security system installed.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:11 PM

Battery connectors???

BTW, at the bottom of the page shows a list of related topics. Check 'em out.