Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Secondary Air Injection Pump Removal/Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 06:31 PM
Default Removed and installed

Jd,
I also was able to move air filter box instead of coolant hose for fitment …. I started to remove hose clamps at the radiator end… before removing hose I figured it wouldn’t be the best idea. Moved the filter box for extra room and was able to maneuver smog pump in and out. Definitely a tight fit but thankfully didn’t damage anything … A little “tetris” knowledge goes a long way lol. Fit the new pump and adjusted hoses slightly, now installed and connected. Its now throwing P2432 (secondary air injection system Air Flow/Pressure sensor circuit Low Bank 1.

I Asked my mechanic what and why that code was being thrown… I have a bad Amp Probe for battery cable end… which is the reason check engine and battery dash light are illuminated.

Going to be replacing the entire cable assembly and he assures me that once that’s connected I will be free and clear of codes and dash lights.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jd Williams
Removed per the instructions, taking out the engine shield means pulling the upper rad hose. Hate messing with coolant. Second time around, pulled the airbox and was able to get the pump out that way. Bit of wiggle and hope to get it around the shield and tensioner arm, but came out easy. Cleaner and also gave better access to the hose fittings.

ENGINE SHIELD(same shield when you change the oil filter, no coolant loss):

Old 01-23-2022, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jd Williams
After more troubleshooting, connected the old blower, jumped the main relay power connections and old blower lights up. New blower all quiet. Bad new blower, going to have to send it back. Hopefully, old blower with new check valve and relay will have enough to pass smog. CEL remains lit, but only pending P0418 and P0411 remain in the codes section. Doing the driving to get the sensors in the ready state.

Old 01-23-2022, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz

ENGINE SHIELD(same shield when you change the oil filter, no coolant loss):

Lol, thought they meant the radiator shroud. Couldn't get the thing out without just pulling the shield. Kept hitting the shroud.

What's one more duh moment?

Old 01-24-2022, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Are you still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? Known JUNK, they all fail, should be hacked off and replaced with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. LOOK it up. First Mod to do to every H3/H3T,

Old 01-24-2022, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Are you still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? Known JUNK, they all fail, should be hacked off and replaced with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. LOOK it up. First Mod to do to every H3/H3T,
Doc, are you referring the terminals to the bad amp probe on battery cable?

Old 01-26-2022, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KaiThor54
Doc, are you referring the terminals to the bad amp probe on battery cable?
No, the Battery Terminal Connectors.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:27 PM

Roger that; I believe I misunderstood the recommendation of replacing the terminal connectors for the code im still receiving (P2432).

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
No, the Battery Terminal Connectors.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:21 PM

Waterproof the connections.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by KaiThor54
Roger that; I believe I misunderstood the recommendation of replacing the terminal connectors for the code im still receiving (P2432).
Inspect/check sai valve connector/contacts: