Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Roof rack key

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Smile key missing

Hi Im new to the hummer family recently purchased one but has no key for the roof rack in searching for one online I ran into this hummer forum which informed me I needed a sp3.I figured I can learn a lot from this group so I joined.
The only thing I know is I purchased a spare key for the ignition and door lock cost me $35. I really hate to spend $35 for a roof rack key. Don't mind paying some money but that's a bit too much for roof rack. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanxs

Old 12-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hum4me
Hi Im new to the hummer family recently purchased one but has no key for the roof rack in searching for one online I ran into this hummer forum which informed me I needed a sp3.I figured I can learn a lot from this group so I joined.
The only thing I know is I purchased a spare key for the ignition and door lock cost me $35. I really hate to spend $35 for a roof rack key. Don't mind paying some money but that's a bit too much for roof rack. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanxs
If you can Google the Part #, they are $21, is that cheap enough or too much trouble?

All the part #s and a link is a couple pages back.... stop posting in this old azzed thread.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:16 PM

Thanks Doc
ill be able to make the house payment now
and promise not to post on this old thread

Old 12-31-2014, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
If you can Google the Part #, they are $21, is that cheap enough or too much trouble?

All the part #s and a link is a couple pages back.... stop posting in this old azzed thread.
Wow, Doc...pretty harsh welcome. Pages of this thread are from this year and even so, I subscribe so if something like this comes up and I have one I could help out as I've done several times..just the same way as someone hooked me up when I was a new owner/subscriber. IMO the biggest aspect of this forum is the fraternity and helping one another out

Old 12-31-2014, 08:07 AM

Welcome Hum4me...unfortunately I dont have a 3 or I'd send you a copy. Check out the below thread...there was a bunch of exchanges and I think the 3's were one of them. Good shot someone might be able to hook you up.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ack-key-30749/

Old 12-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TR1-H3X
Welcome Hum4me...unfortunately I dont have a 3 or I'd send you a copy. Check out the below thread...there was a bunch of exchanges and I think the 3's were one of them. Good shot someone might be able to hook you up.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ack-key-30749/
Thanks for the gratuitous link back to the front of this same thread, maybe that will keep people reading and hinder their fingers from adding more useless banter about what the fraternity has already offered for assistance. Then again, this may just turn into 17 pages by internet searchers who got here by way off Google/Bing.. looking for the all Holy roof rack key on the cheap and have nothing to offer in exchange.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Talking Old Hummer

Hey Doc lets get something straight . I never said I want a freebie yet you implied I did or don't have anything to offer. I dealt with old hummers before but most of the time their old bitter woman,so if this gets me thrown out you must be one. TR1-H3X thank you for your welcome it was a lot more appreciated than smart *** remarks by a doc that has no patients.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Doc lets get something straight . I never said I want a freebie yet you implied I did or don't have anything to offer. I dealt with old hummers before but most of the time their old bitter woman,so if this gets me thrown out you must be one. TR1-H3X thank you for your welcome it was a lot more appreciated than smart *** remarks by a doc that has no patients.
So you think this is all about YOU? Another 12 year old tantrum thrower?

You are simply one of many that came here the same way. Yeah yeah, I get it, you never said you wanted a free key, but what would be the acceptable amount? $11 or $19, or maybe $21? Would it not be easier to just buy the freeking key? If you read this thread, all of it, we all know where they are and what they cost.

Gotta go.... over to the dairy products forum and see if I can find a dozen eggs and butter for half off.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Wink dairy doc

While your there see if they have any creamer half/half so you can stop teething about somebody wanting to save a buck

Old 12-31-2014, 09:24 PM

If copies can be made, I would be willing to send out SP3's to anyone that needs one. The only charge would be whatever it cost to make the copy. Shipping is no problem, it should just slip into a envelope and go regular mail. Im would think any place that makes keys should be able to make me copies. Let me know if you need one.

Quick Reply: Roof rack key