Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power locks and drivers side window and switches

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:32 PM

Had the same problem last week, temp dropped to single digits, Hummer started hard, door locks and window did not work. Changed battery, had a bad cell, and now problem solved. Temps now -15, starts like a champ and everything works the way its supposed too. Hopes this helps out, would not of suspected battery since it was 2 years old.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:05 AM
Default Power Lock/unlock and drivers side window switch and remote doesn't work

Good morning everyone,
is winter here in East Coast and we dealing with cold weather. I would like to share my recent problem with my 2006 Hummer h3. Is about last week (1/27/22) I when out to the store and when I trying to lock the vehicle is doesn't work with the remote, so I get in inside and press the power lock also not working, so start to press all the switch and finally find out the rest of the switch is working but the power lock switch and drivers side window ( driver side window won't go down) is not working.
Thanks to this forums with all the suggestions you guys Put in here is working. What I do is :
1. Check the fuse number 8 and 68 (make sure is good &#128077
2. Disconnected the positive battery cable and leave it for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the master switch window located on drivers side door.
4. Open and clean the master switch also gently blow dryer (this help to remove the moisture and dammnes causing by the rain and cold weather temperature.)
5. Put back the switch together and installed to the door.
6. Connect the positive cable battery
7. Start the vehicle with all the accessories turn off including head light.
8. Everything is working and back no Normal. Thank you guys, hope this post usefull for Hummer h3 community 🙏🙏🙏

Old 08-21-2022, 10:43 AM

Had similar issue with my 03' H2. Drivers door didn't unlock, windows wouldn't roll down from drivers side and outside mirrors wouldn't work. Disconnected battery. 30 min later reconnected, everything works. Thanks guys!

Old 12-10-2022, 10:47 AM
Default 07 Hummer H3 driver's indow & power locks

Had the same issue after disconnecting negative terminal only, then the dreaded drivers window & power lock problem. Tried pretty much all the fixes and nothing. Then watched the video with having to discharge the capacitors in switch and this worked. I would imagine if I had switch out longer that probably would of worked as well. But with no waiting just try the discharge and should work unless the problem is driven by something else. Cheers

Old 11-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Default Lock / Window issue

Originally Posted by lightofday
Had the same issue after disconnecting negative terminal only, then the dreaded drivers window & power lock problem. Tried pretty much all the fixes and nothing. Then watched the video with having to discharge the capacitors in switch and this worked. I would imagine if I had switch out longer that probably would of worked as well. But with no waiting just try the discharge and should work unless the problem is driven by something else. Cheers
Do you have the link for the video? TIA

Old 11-27-2023, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

8 out of 10 times it will take care of itself after several ignition cycles. Drive it. If it does not clear up, search the numerous threads here and use Google and AVOID digging up old threads here to tack on a question.