Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power locks and drivers side window and switches

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Question Power locks and drivers side window and switches

So after the late night fun with the blower motor resistor and dead battery, I now have a new issue this morning.

My power locks will not lock/unlock when I press the button on the passenger or drivers side switch. All window and lock switches with the exception of the front drivers side are illuminated. From the front drivers side I can roll down all windows except the drivers side. When I place it in park, none of the locks unlock; when I place it in drive, none of the locks lock. This seems to have started after bring the truck home from the dealer and my battery going completely dead while fixing the blower motor resistor. I've checked the window fuses and power lock fuse (I think was fuse 68 and 8 under the hood) and all looks well. Any suggestions?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lostsoul77
So after the late night fun with the blower motor resistor and dead battery, I now have a new issue this morning.

My power locks will not lock/unlock when I press the button on the passenger or drivers side switch. All window and lock switches with the exception of the front drivers side are illuminated. From the front drivers side I can roll down all windows except the drivers side. When I place it in park, none of the locks unlock; when I place it in drive, none of the locks lock. This seems to have started after bring the truck home from the dealer and my battery going completely dead while fixing the blower motor resistor. I've checked the window fuses and power lock fuse (I think was fuse 68 and 8 under the hood) and all looks well. Any suggestions?
There are other threads on this. Side effect of trying to crank a dead or discharged battery. First, give it some time to resolve itself, like 5 ignition cycles (that means 5 drives). Search out the other threads for more.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
There are other threads on this. Side effect of trying to crank a dead or discharged battery. First, give it some time to resolve itself, like 5 ignition cycles (that means 5 drives). Search out the other threads for more.
Thanks Doc! Searching again now......

Old 01-09-2015, 11:42 PM

I have a similar problem. My driver's side all window lock does not work and only windows go down from master control driver's side door. Working out the kinks!

Old 01-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
I have a similar problem. My driver's side all window lock does not work and only windows go down from master control driver's side door. Working out the kinks!
HUMMERZ is the man! His procedure worked!

1. Unlock
2.remove drivers side master switch and disconnect both connections (mine are white and blue)

3. Press lock on key FOB

4. Press unlock on key FOB

5. CONNECT SWITCH

6. Start truck and test buttons.

I did take mine in the house and warm it with a blow dryer and heard a click as it warmed up, guessing a relay in the switch was froze. Its been around -10 to -15 degrees here in Pittsburgh past few days. So glad my ride is back to normal!

Old 01-11-2015, 03:47 AM

I don't have the factory key fob. Instead I have aftermarket Viper key fob. Driver's side master switch disconnect? Screwdriver? I'm not a handy guy, sorry, but I wish I was

Not working ......
1. Passenger window: Passenger door button (window goes down from driver's door control only).
2. Lumbar control: Driver and Passenger.
3. Seat heat button: Passenger only.
4. A/C / Heater: Heater blows air, not even warm.
5. Passenger side rear view mirror
6. Radio fuse pulled due to draining the battery ( Best Buy will troubleshoot Monday).
7. All Roof Rack clamps busted and does not tighten down (racks move at speed).

I just paid Stealership repair AC and Sun Roof water leak=$1000.00
Local mechanic tune up, fix some other little stuff, oil change=$400

I'm beginning to think my 09 Alpha might be a lemon. I'm disappointed because I am just now ready to drop the big money to lift it and add all the parts to make the H3 what it should have been from the factory.

Headed back to local mechanic fix stuff above Monday.

My patience is being tested to say the least.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:22 AM

H3Ray, man you're getting played out by the dealer. I highly suggest doing searches for your problems here before going there. I fixed my sunroof for free, and my AC for 30 bucks, because of this site!

1000!? I hope they gave you a brand new Moonroof and AC ! Lol..

On a side note, have you checked to see if your electrical issues stem from the past Moonroof leakage ? Could be way off but you may need a bcm if water seeped into your right front kick panel. Good luck

Last edited by norinco3264; 01-11-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM

Taking her back to Stealership tomorrow!

Old 01-12-2015, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
I don't have the factory key fob. Instead I have aftermarket Viper key fob. Driver's side master switch disconnect? Screwdriver? I'm not a handy guy, sorry, but I wish I was

Not working ......
1. Passenger window: Passenger door button (window goes down from driver's door control only).
2. Lumbar control: Driver and Passenger.
3. Seat heat button: Passenger only.
4. A/C / Heater: Heater blows air, not even warm.
5. Passenger side rear view mirror
6. Radio fuse pulled due to draining the battery ( Best Buy will troubleshoot Monday).
7. All Roof Rack clamps busted and does not tighten down (racks move at speed).

I just paid Stealership repair AC and Sun Roof water leak=$1000.00
Local mechanic tune up, fix some other little stuff, oil change=$400

I'm beginning to think my 09 Alpha might be a lemon. I'm disappointed because I am just now ready to drop the big money to lift it and add all the parts to make the H3 what it should have been from the factory.

Headed back to local mechanic fix stuff above Monday.

My patience is being tested to say the least.

For your Passenger Seat Heater to work, Someone must be sitting in it and the Seat Belt buckled.

Quick Reply: Power locks and drivers side window and switches