Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sunroof leaks = wet BCM. BCMs hate water, they never take a bath.

Me thinks your BCM got wet, hence there is a short, and ..... a buzzing switch.

That is why the usual simple fixes are not working for your problem.
That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Sunroof leaks = wet BCM. BCMs hate water, they never take a bath.

Me thinks your BCM got wet, hence there is a short, and ..... a buzzing switch.

That is why the usual simple fixes are not working for your problem.
That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Ok yea i was hoping that wasnt the problem. The sunroof has not leaked in a a couple months though and the switch was working fine until recently.

Update its at the shop for something else and they said when they move around the wires in the door jamb area where they come out of the passenger door they said the window rolled down. They said they manually put power to window to get it to roll back up.

Where do these wires connect? Somewhere behind the glove box? Possible a bad connection?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:24 PM

wires may be broken inside insulation, intermittent.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
wires may be broken inside insulation, intermittent.
Thats what im thinking.
Is there diagrams or a howto on how get door panel off and check these wires and where they go and what to look for?

I know noob question but dont want to mess anything else up.Rather ask a stupid question to get knowledge from yall who have done this before then going in blind.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM

Well driver side master switched replaced, Passenger door wires all checked and mechanic said were fine and that it was the passenger switch that was faulty.
I replaced that switch also.

Now the passenger window works with the passenger switch no problems up down everything however the drivers side cant make the passenger window go down. But if the passenger window is all ready lowered then i can make it go back up with the drivers side switch.

Any ideas?

Old 05-28-2018, 06:36 AM
Default Bad BCM

Mine ended being a bad BCM. When I had the wire connections and the Master Switch replaced it worked for a bit but then started doing some funny things. My sunroof doesn't work and the drains were clogged, which you will read from others on here leads to water running all over the BCM. It ended up at the dealer to have the drains cleared and a new BCM installed and programmed. Now I just need to find the time for a weekend project of pulling the headliner and fixing the sun roof so I can perform regular maintenance on the drains.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:05 PM

it happened to me few times. just have to disconnect bot battery cables and give some time and reconnect it works. weird but works.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Smile Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Originally Posted by HummerGuy2006
I have been in the auto business for almost 20 years as an asst service manager and service manager as well, I am mechanically inclined and pretty much know my stuff. I have seen so many unusual problems and worked with some of the best techs in the business,,and this fix was the most simple and interesting,, Another Hummer owner on here posted a thread on where he disconnected both battery terminals and thouched them together and then reinstalled the cables to the battery. I found this interesting,,after i checked the #8 fuse and #68 relay,,which was working fine,, i decided to remove the battery terminals,,and to touch them and reinstall the terminals. And believe it or not,,IT WORKED.. my door locks work fine, as does the drivers window. I give many thanks to my fellow Hummer owners as well as this website.
Thank you very much for your contribution. I followed your insight and all worked as required. Very appreciative I did not have to spend crazy money trying to figure this out. I knew it was due to disconnecting the battery.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Smile Power Locks & Driver Window not working

Thank you to all that contribute to such posts. Your insight is always very much appreciated.
I experienced this 2 times. Both happen when I disconnected the battery. The first time to replace a dead battery. (I left it as such and was waiting on warmer weather to start looking into it. Then after a long drive, the issue fixed it self?) I figured this had to do with some internal computer issues.
The 2nd time was because I wanted to reset an engine code to validate if I fixed another issue and also disconnected the battery. I could not figure out what my issue was until i read the below post from HummerGuy2006. Followed his insight and all works as it should once again. Also, when reconnecting the battery, I attached the positive first then the black ground last. Once again, thank you all.

See this post:
Originally Posted by HummerGuy2006
I have been in the auto business for almost 20 years as an asst service manager and service manager as well, I am mechanically inclined and pretty much know my stuff. I have seen so many unusual problems and worked with some of the best techs in the business,,and this fix was the most simple and interesting,, Another Hummer owner on here posted a thread on where he disconnected both battery terminals and touched them together and then reinstalled the cables to the battery. I found this interesting,,after i checked the #8 fuse and #68 relay,,which was working fine,, i decided to remove the battery terminals,,and to touch them and reinstall the terminals. And believe it or not,,IT WORKED.. my door locks work fine, as does the drivers window. I give many thanks to my fellow Hummer owners as well as this website.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Default Great info - Had Same Prob - Solved

Had my H3 for many years but today I had this issue crop up when my battery died. Pulled battery, one hour later installed new battery, and no driver side window or door locks control. Found this thread and started scrolling down & trying the recommended "fixes". The final solution for me was:

* Disconnect + cable on battery for 35 minutes.
* Removed driver's door switch panel & connectors.
* Prior to reconnecting battery I turned ign switch to on, and start, for a few seconds each to drain any residual power.
* Turned ign switch back toward off (but cannot remove without power).
* Reconnected battery cable & started the H3.
* Reconnected both door switch panel connectors & WHALLAH, works like a champ. Well, we shall see if my "fix" holds...

Thanks for this thread. It was interesting & helpful.

- Wayne K.
Liberty, SC

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working