Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

power lock switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 07:35 PM
Default power lock switch

Hello everyone,
I have just replaced my old mster powerlock/window switch with a new one, remote works fine on all doors, but once I start to drive, the only lock that will engages is the dirver. Same thing when I put the transmission in Park. the only lock that disengages is the driver.
Oh, I need to mention that i have doulbe checked that the lock setup is set to Lock 1 (default) but that dosent seem to work either

can someone point me in the right direction here?

Old 06-09-2021, 08:21 PM

Check rke feedback. Lock 1x=all doors lock. Unlock 1x =drivers door unlock. Unlock 2x= all doors unlock.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Check rke feedback. Lock 1x=all doors lock. Unlock 1x =drivers door unlock. Unlock 2x= all doors unlock.
Hi,

I've checked the RKE feedback, its all good. just as you say.

I have noticed that if I unlock all doors, and start the engine as soon as I change to Reverse, all locks engage, that is ok. but once Im done with my driving I get the shifter to Park, and only the driver door gets open!

I got lucky and recover my old part I think I will install it again and try, just to make sure that the new master switch is good.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

The question is.... how long has the new switch been installed and how many times have you driven it since?

You momentarily broke the circuit voltage supply when the switch was replace, just like all the questions about "hey my power door locks/driver window does not work after a dead battery". Look that up.

Solution, drive it and it may correct itself after 10-12 ignition cycles.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The question is.... how long has the new switch been installed and how many times have you driven it since?

You momentarily broke the circuit voltage supply when the switch was replace, just like all the questions about "hey my power door locks/driver window does not work after a dead battery". Look that up.

Solution, drive it and it may correct itself after 10-12 ignition cycles.
Ok, will try this, indeed switch was replaced Tuesday, and I havent driven it for more than 6 trips.. makes sense..

Thnks