Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Nj help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 10:40 AM
Default Nj help!!!

Located in NJ. Had my 2007 H3 Since August 2023. Purchased with 45k miles … no serious issues at all. Just got a new tranny. Fresh tuneup and spark plugs… for some odd reason I can’t seem to find a mechanic that I could trust in New Jersey. Every time I bring it somewhere for regular maintenance or oil change, I leave with a problem that I never had.

Took it in for a regular oil change and leave with a broken tire rod.

Any advice, greatly appreciated & thank you in advance.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

What's a tune up on an H3? They have no distributor, your spark plugs are good for 100K miles doesn't matter how old they are. If you buy one and do not know the maintenance history you should change out all the fluids = Trans + Filter, T Case, Front & Rear Diffs, possibly brake fluid and coolant. Then you are done. If they put in any spark plug other than the AC Delco OEM Iridium plugs (or direct aftermarket substitutes) they will be eaten alive by the I5 High Intensity Coil on Plug Packs and cause issues in 10-20K miles.

H3s are like working on any GM truck, no super secret special stuff going on.

You change the oil when the OLMS tells you to which is about every 5-9K miles. Best thing to do is learn how to DIY then you never have to take it anywhere.

If you do not understand the basics, walking into a repair facility is like jumping in a shark tank with a cut. They smell the cash in your wallet and get to it. Me thinks you may be "over servicing" you vehicle. Like why a new Trans with less than 100K miles?

Old 04-04-2024, 03:00 PM

There are lots of places to go in NJ...

Any clues where to start? And like the man said. Whats the problem?

Old 04-04-2024, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Njhummerh307

Took it in for a regular oil change and leave with a broken tire rod.

"Tire rod broke"?

What broke? All 4 inner and outer >>>TIE rods are original factory assembly line installed on my '07 all still tight @94k miles and my 3 still drives straight, no hands required on the steering wheel! Yours broke on a lift? Not while driving and you're still alive to post BS.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:23 AM

We're all here for help, so maybe a more descriptive title with less exclamation points would serve you better. If I was trying to find a local shop for auto repairs, I'd investigate google reviews and get recommendations from people I trust about where they take their vehicles. Also, good luck with your new tranny. It's helpful to have a co-pilot for road trips.