Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

New battery. Radio won't turn on

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 AM

whoops - I better go back to the other forums and remove my comments on how W2K might affect us

Old 03-09-2016, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I'm fairly confident the guy that started this thread 3+ months ago doesn't need our help any longer??
I just barely figured out what the issue was about a week ago. I had an after market harness in for aux in for my iPod and that harness was fried when disconnecting and reconnecting battery. After the uninstall of that harness back to factory everything worked fine. Glad it was just that and not my whole stock harness.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Default Forum for answers that don't have an expiration date.

I'm fairly confident the guy that started this thread 3+ months ago doesn't need our help any longer??
But what about most of the visitors to this site that are looking for an answer to a question the has already been asked and answered?

Old 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM

Disconnect the battery, wait at least 30 seconds, reconnect the battery, ground first.

BTW, does your truck still have the OEM Battery Terminal connectors????

If it does, they are complete CRAP, get rid of them and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. There are gobs of threads on the topic of the need for aftermarket battery terminal connectors to replace the POS OEMs. It is not a matter of if, but when, they fail. Once replaced, the electrical Gremlins will pack up and look for the next dope with stock battery terminal connectors.

Five years after this thread was started I had the same issue and you're answer fixed the problem. Thanks. Answers don't have an expiration date.