PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Magnaflow Muffler Question

Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Default Magnaflow Muffler Question

Been awhile since I've been here.
We've been enjoying our 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha 5.3.
Now that I'm done with the cosmetics, I'm looking into swapping out my muffler.
After searching here for a couple of days I've decided to go with the Magnaflow 1 into 2 muffler, over the Flowmaster.
What I can't find searching here, is what series Magnaflow muffler should I get.
I decided to do just the muffler because my pipes are still in very good shape, and with the cost of gas and groceries now-a-days I can save a little doe.
Anyway could ya'll tell me which Magnaflow muffler 1into 2 I should get?

I would also appreciate suggestions, pros and cons, on whether to keep the resonator or take it off and replace it with straight pipe.

I really like all the stuff ya'll do to these beautiful H3 Hummers.
It is one hell of a truck.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 PM

I went this route with mine. I have the I5 but same concept. I used the magnaflow muffler part number 12265. Should be able to buy it online for a hundred bucks or so. It changed the sound of mine to a nice deeper sound. As deep as a 5 cyclinder can sound. Lol. I left my resonator on but one of these days I'm going to possible eliminate it with straight pipe as well. I love the dual exhaust look. I would recommend this muffler especially since you have the alpha and you will get more sound pleasure than I have. Hope this helps. Keep us updated.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I went this route with mine. I have the I5 but same concept. I used the magnaflow muffler part number 12265. Should be able to buy it online for a hundred bucks or so. It changed the sound of mine to a nice deeper sound. As deep as a 5 cyclinder can sound. Lol. I left my resonator on but one of these days I'm going to possible eliminate it with straight pipe as well. I love the dual exhaust look. I would recommend this muffler especially since you have the alpha and you will get more sound pleasure than I have. Hope this helps. Keep us updated.

Thanks very much for the response.
Going to order it right now.
I'm probably going to go without the resonator, since reading that it won't hinder performance or the computers in the truck.

I'll let ya' know how it all goes.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM

Went out and got the Magnaflow at Summit this afternoon.
Thanks for the help.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM

i have this same set up without the resonator it sounds great .

Old 03-24-2013, 08:23 PM

Glad I could help. I'm also going to remove my resonator soon. With 35s whinning on the road I want to hear a little more exhaust.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Glad I could help. I'm also going to remove my resonator soon. With 35s whinning on the road I want to hear a little more exhaust.

Just had it put on and left the resonator on for now.
I thought I'd let it wear in for about a month or two, and then decide whether or not to remove the Res.
It sounds so much better than the stock exhaust now.
I really like the low end rumble.

I'll probably take the Res. off but again, think I'll give it a little while.

Next I think I'll research breather kits.

Thanks Again.