PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

magnaflow rear cat question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Default magnaflow rear cat question

Is anyone running this in place of the factory.

MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters - 49-STATE & CANADA Catalytic Converters For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

I have done some searching and cannot find the answer to my question.

I have seen that there may be some clearance issues.

1.I want to know if getting rid of the kinks made a difference
2.In the picture it shows a bung for a O2 sensor? I do not see this on my 2008 I5 factory exhaust. What is it.

Also im supercharged anyone have any experience with before and after installation.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 PM

you have the O2 bung. every H3 I have ever worked on has that bung. It looks like it is a direct replacement. if you are running the stock one now, you should not have a problem with this one. The bends are there because that is the only place you can run an exhaust on an H3. I would not even think about replacing unless you are doing the full exhaust from header back, or if your cat has gone bad like mine has, and I still drive mine with it. I am just gonna modify the dimensions of universal one.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-24-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 AM

I will look at it again but i have been under the truck and felt all along the area of the exhaust that should have the bung and do not feel anything.

I am also adding a gibson single out exhaust, or I will have one custom fabricated.

I already ordered the super sparks and plugs.

I will eventually do the magnaflow header but cant swing $700 right now.

Im trying to find some lower end grunt.
I was parked on a steep decline and pretty much had to floor it and pop the clutch to keep it from stalling.

I have the rancho lift and run 37s. I know there to much for the truck even with the supercharger and will go down to 35s eventually.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 AM

I have a o2 sensor right before and after the cat on the exhaust header.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by jasonomni
Is anyone running this in place of the factory.

MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters - 49-STATE & CANADA Catalytic Converters For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

I have done some searching and cannot find the answer to my question.

I have seen that there may be some clearance issues.

1.I want to know if getting rid of the kinks made a difference
2.In the picture it shows a bung for a O2 sensor? I do not see this on my 2008 I5 factory exhaust. What is it.

Also im supercharged anyone have any experience with before and after installation.
yes I have the high flow cat forward system .fit perfect, Its not CA. legal so i had her shipped to Wa.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM

So with the vehicle being supercharged this is what i have ordered or am doing. Any othe suggestions would be appreciated.

Magnaflow rear cat (get rid of factory kinks)
Gibson single out exhaust
Iridium plugs and super sparks.
Dyno tune on a AWD dyno.

What am i forgetting?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 AM

so spent two hours yesterday trying to install the midpipe or rear cat could not get the factory one out.I know a couple of y'all have it so I was curious if you wound up having to drop the transfer case bracket in order to get it out. I tried getting it out from the front and back and there was no way the cat was going to keep clear the torsion bar adjustment in the back and the torsion bar in the front trying to slide out either way. I do have the Rancho 4 inch lift I'm not sure if that is what the problem is

Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 PM

I got an idea. ;-)

Attached Thumbnails magnaflow rear cat question-quadexhaust1.jpg  
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM

If someone has time today could i get a picture of your midpipe/ rear cat? Im trying to figure out what the difference might be with my lift that is keepimg me from getting it out.

Thank you for all yalls help

Old 12-07-2014, 02:26 PM

I do not understand what you are doing??

I am in the process of upgrading to a Magnaflow system, and there is only a CAT back system and the front header system, the mid pipe is not available I was told by the Magnaflow Tech department.

Would love to see some photos of what you are doing.

Quick Reply: magnaflow rear cat question