Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

internal courtesy lights H3 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 03:59 AM
Default internal courtesy lights H3 2007

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, I apologize if I'm in the wrong section to write my problem, I also apologize for the language because I'm Italian and maybe I won't speak very well, well after the apologies I can start 😅, I have a hummer H3 3 5 of 2007, I'm in love with it and I can't do without it anymore, but I have a problem, the interior courtesy lights don't turn off as they should, they stay on even when I'm moving, when I close the hummer they stay on for a long time But then they turn off for a while, they stay on even if I press the button to turn them off, the door buttons work, I couldn't understand where the problem comes from, I searched the forum, but I couldn't find anything about this, can you help me please ? A thousand thanks!

Old 01-25-2024, 06:02 AM

MorrisonAdv,
Welcome to the Hummer forum and you are correct that this post should actually be in the H3 forum area for technical questions. But, that is a minor issue compared to the problem you describe.
You will be asked if you have replaced those original cable terminals for the battery! This is very important due to the relationship with electrical issues!
Once they have been replaced please let us know if the problem goes away! I will attach a photo of one very good product choice.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:05 AM

Old 01-25-2024, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Golden Hurricane
​​​​​​Thank you so much, I apologize for the wrong place, if I have to change just tell me where I can move the post! Look, I don't know because I bought my Hummer used and it's the first time I've encountered it, I just sent the sheet you sent me to my mechanic and I told him that the problem maybe came from there, it's very difficult for us because no one has ever worked on these cars! For this I thank you very much

Old 01-25-2024, 09:20 AM

MorrisonAdvProceed with the replacement of the original terminal clamps...but it may not be the entire solution!
We simply advise new members and owners that this is their best first step!
For instance: If your H3 has a sunroof, have you checked for any indication of previous wet carpets? If this has occurred, we recommend you read and follow the steps for a final solution to the sunroof drains. This vital information is located in the section above the area for new member introductions.
Then, we strongly suggest you lean the BCM (located behind the plastic kickplate in the passenger side). We all use CRC electronic cleaning spray for this important function.
All of these procedures are completely explained in numerous postings on the forum.
I truly hope you have an easier pathway to ownership!
Good luck and keep us updated.

Old 01-25-2024, 09:27 AM

This link should give you more information about the CRC electronic cleaner.

Old 01-25-2024, 09:30 AM

I forgot to give credit to one of our most knowledgeable members for this product link:

Hummerz

Old 01-25-2024, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. I moved your thread for you.

Sounds like a bad door switch. There are 5, all the same, held in place by one screw and not very expensive. When the interior lights are on is the "Doors" message displayed in the DIC? If so, buy one and try the driver door first, then End Gate/Back Door, just keep moving until you rule it out. You could try taking the switches apart looking for corrosion and cleaning with CRC Electronics Cleaner one at a time as well.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Golden Hurricane
MorrisonAdvProceed with the replacement of the original terminal clamps...but it may not be the entire solution!
We simply advise new members and owners that this is their best first step!
For instance: If your H3 has a sunroof, have you checked for any indication of previous wet carpets? If this has occurred, we recommend you read and follow the steps for a final solution to the sunroof drains. This vital information is located in the section above the area for new member introductions.
Then, we strongly suggest you lean the BCM (located behind the plastic kickplate in the passenger side). We all use CRC electronic cleaning spray for this important function.
All of these procedures are completely explained in numerous postings on the forum.
I truly hope you have an easier pathway to ownership!
Good luck and keep us updated.

​​​​​​Thank you, in the next few days I will try to understand where the fault comes from, yes I have a sunroof, but the mats are not wet, but I don't know if it's a coincidence, it happened after I got my car back after a heavy rain. I'll let you know, I ask you one more thing where can I find a card for the electrical system of my Hummer? A thousand thanks

Old 01-25-2024, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF. I moved your thread for you.

Sounds like a bad door switch. There are 5, all the same, held in place by one screw and not very expensive. When the interior lights are on is the "Doors" message displayed in the DIC? If so, buy one and try the driver door first, then End Gate/Back Door, just keep moving until you rule it out. You could try taking the switches apart looking for corrosion and cleaning with CRC Electronics Cleaner one at a time as well.

Doc Olds is correct about this! I had the same original issue as the original poster in Italy...I went through all the door switches and nothing changed. My problem was the overhead light above the second row of seats. It never came on. I installed new bulbs... nothing changed.
Then, I took apart the entire lighting assembly above the second row of seats and discovered that the wiring connectors had been pulled apart for some reason.
Imagine how stupid I felt...I simply connected the wiring to the light fixture and I HAD A GOOD LIGHT IN THE BACK SEAT AREA! I hope your solution is simple. I apologize for my bad memory and applaud Doc Olds for reminding all of us!

Quick Reply: internal courtesy lights H3 2007