Instrument Climate Control Backlight Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 04:01 AM

The website is www.superlumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs for those and any other bulbs for hummmers...

Old 11-06-2019, 01:43 PM

I just undone mine as well. went to dealer to get some, they dont even have it. I wonder if there is any type bulb number, or something I can look up in internet.
Btw, if you want I can post pictures how to undo the module

Old 11-07-2019, 07:13 AM

7 year old thread

Old 11-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by UcraDen
I just undone mine as well. went to dealer to get some, they dont even have it. I wonder if there is any type bulb number, or something I can look up in internet.
Btw, if you want I can post pictures how to undo the module
Can you please discontinue digging up OLD as DIRT Threads??????????? It just ain't cool, everybody is pointing fingers and laughing, and it is part of the rules here at the HF hacienda.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM
Default Climate control bulbs

Turns out this is a simple fix. Toughest part is taking apart the climate control box which can be done using 2-3 small flathead screwdrivers to pop the two pieces apart. Just have to go slow and careful not to break the tabs. I ordered LED bulbs on Amazon for my 2008 Hummer H3. http://cciyu 10X White T4/T4.2 Neo W.../Odyssey/Civic was like $10 for 10 of them. Can also use them for your rear wiper and window switches. These do not have to be soldered in, they just twist in like the OEM ones. I found using a small needle nose plier worked the best as you will see a couple of slots in the back of the bulb to twist them in. You do, however, want to plug in the control to check the lights before putting everything back together as you may have to turn the bulb 180 degrees to change polarity if they do not all work. The LEDs do have a little blue tint to them so if you are particular change out all three as well as your rear wiper for consistency.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ndfan15
Turns out this is a simple fix. Toughest part is taking apart the climate control box which can be done using 2-3 small flathead screwdrivers to pop the two pieces apart. Just have to go slow and careful not to break the tabs. I ordered LED bulbs on Amazon for my 2008 Hummer H3. http://cciyu 10X White T4/T4.2 Neo W.../Odyssey/Civic was like $10 for 10 of them. Can also use them for your rear wiper and window switches. These do not have to be soldered in, they just twist in like the OEM ones. I found using a small needle nose plier worked the best as you will see a couple of slots in the back of the bulb to twist them in. You do, however, want to plug in the control to check the lights before putting everything back together as you may have to turn the bulb 180 degrees to change polarity if they do not all work. The LEDs do have a little blue tint to them so if you are particular change out all three as well as your rear wiper for consistency.
Never noticed: "Can you please discontinue digging up OLD as DIRT Threads??????????? It just ain't cool, everybody is pointing fingers and laughing, and it is part of the rules here at the HF hacienda."

Read it, live it. love it.