Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Default Ignition problem

I recently had a car starter installed on my H3 and now I am having ignition problems. It won't start with the key, only starts with car starter. The security icon keeps blinking, and has ever since the starter was installed. Is this common?

Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Margieott
I recently had a car starter installed on my H3 and now I am having ignition problems. It won't start with the key, only starts with car starter. The security icon keeps blinking, and has ever since the starter was installed. Is this common?
It is common when the people that installed the remote start do not know what they are doing. Take it back to them, explain that they should correct their failure to properly learn the ignition switch to the remote start. They probably attempted to bypass the ignition switch and now the truck does not recognize the switch by itself causing a pass lock issue.

Hopefully it has not been long since you had the work done, AND you paid by credit card so you can dispute the charges if they fail to correct it.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 PM

It was just done 2 months ago. We took it back this weekend to have it fixed and it still doesn't work. I just might have them remove it, I don't trust them to know what they are doing anymore.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:42 PM

I also have a hummer h3 and it.has aftermarket security system installed and when battery went dead I had to.reset.thenalarm and my hummer started on its own and it even locks me out if I leave keys in the ignition I has done this several times cousins it.to run out.of gas while I was at work I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it my self

Old 11-14-2022, 09:44 PM

I have unplugged it.but.my hummer wouldn't turn over ot has a Excalibur alarm system I was just locked out with keys in the ignition ots.reason I saw this post

Old 11-15-2022, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Forrest54
I also have a hummer h3 and it.has aftermarket security system installed and when battery went dead I had to.reset.thenalarm and my hummer started on its own and it even locks me out if I leave keys in the ignition I has done this several times cousins it.to run out.of gas while I was at work I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it my self
Originally Posted by Forrest54
I have unplugged it.but.my hummer wouldn't turn over ot has a Excalibur alarm system I was just locked out with keys in the ignition ots.reason I saw this post
So you saw a SIX YEAR OLD Thread and thought it a good idea to dig it up and tack on your comments?????????????? Like I said way back then, take it back to the Bozos that did the remote start install and tell them to fix the problems they created,

Good luck.