Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer h3 key fobs not stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Default Hummer h3 key fobs not stopped working

Hi, Bought a 2007 h3 in November/17 key fob worked sometimes when I went to purchase it. After getting it home week or so it worked perfect, panic lock unlock. etc. Come sometime april may, started to act up. Would work when it felt like.Sometime I would have to put it close to the windshield for it to open the door.Now it wont work at all, no panic alarm nothing. Changed batterys in both fobs , still nothing. Brought it in to a locksmith, check the remotes , said they were sending signal, came out to try to reprogram the fobs, couldn't do it. Don't know if gm shops have different tools to reprogram it, but scared to bring it in there to find out. I tried unhooking battery cabes, don't know what could be the problem. Is it worth while buying new remotes off ebay, one seller there sold a bunch, has all positive feedback, and try to program them ? Looking for help on this, thanks in advance, brian

Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

GM Dealer needs to reprogram the truck to receive the fob signals. About $40 per fob, sometimes more.

Happens occasionally when the Fob battery gets weak or dies. Most Locksmiths are not going to spend the coin for a full blown GM Tech 2 scanner.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:30 AM

They wanted I believe 75.00 to do it, said if it does not work they have to look more into what the problem is,If I knew this was the problem, I would do it for sure.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by upnorth
They wanted I believe 75.00 to do it, said if it does not work they have to look more into what the problem is,If I knew this was the problem, I would do it for sure.
If they were going to reprogram 2 fobs to the truck for $75, that is pretty fair.

You asked what the problem was, I told you. The ONLY place to get an H3 fob programmed to the truck is a GM dealer. They all have the correct scanner.
Sure, some other repair facility or a locksmith might have a GM Tech 2 Scanner, but that would be hit or miss.

Good luck.