Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

High beams - do you use them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 PM

Does it have to be a diode or can you just jump the circuit? There was a mod similar for Trans Am's so I can run my high's with my fogs.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Banned
Default yes,diode

with wire, high and fog all together

fog turns high on

Last edited by drtom; 09-05-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM

how about this guys, I still need to level mine so I can take some measurements where my highs and lows point on my garage door BEFORE I level. I will measure distance from door and height of each beam (will try for dead center). Then we will all have a good idea of where they were aimed before leveling. Hows that sound?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
i paid close to 40 for? arctic white. they seemed to reach out but i couldnt see as good with them. lost i filament in about 5 mo and put the ORIGINALS back in. i see better,as you with low +fog.
high reaches out but ideal is hi+fog.

someone posted how to do it with a diode between 2 relays and i lost it.

im an elex man but so far,,too lazy to figger it out!

if he dont show up soon,,ill dig into the book. it just really takes some diggin and i hate reinventing the wheel.

btw those bl,wht were 3700 k i think.
i would not bother with the hi bright. it might be that my eyes like the yellow more than the white?? im 68

i know nothing of the hid however. thats for u or someone..

expensive for what u get ,,i think,,also messy to do

oh,,yes i use hi beams! and i jabber,,,,
your jabber always lightens my mood a bit dr tom :cheers

Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
how about this guys, I still need to level mine so I can take some measurements where my highs and lows point on my garage door BEFORE I level. I will measure distance from door and height of each beam (will try for dead center). Then we will all have a good idea of where they were aimed before leveling. Hows that sound?
That would be excellent!! Are you cranking your t's 2"? Or less?

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
your jabber always lightens my mood a bit dr tom :cheers
lol you noticed this?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 AM

i measured 21.5 on the drivers side and 21 on the passengar side. I plan on setting at 23.5. however, i cant find the bolts....where the hell are they? the cross mrmber near the transfer case or under the skid plate?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

lol. Lay on your back on the drivers side, with your feeting facing the pass side. Right underneath the drivers side door, there is a cross member that runs across the frame. There is a bolt in the center of that cross member. Thats the one you crank.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 AM

just to clarify, there are two bolts 1 1/26 that i need to crank and they are at the cross member just behind the driversdoor. i may post pics lol.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

yep you are correct. It's a BIG *** bolt; I needed to buy a socket just for it lol. The are the only two bolts that really pop out at you (even though they are recessed)

Old 09-05-2010, 10:18 AM

i did a search on youtube for h3 torsion bar lift and found a detailed vidro. for some reason i assumed they would be farther forward haha. Sitting at sears right now and about to head in snd get a sockrt. glad i looked, the one tutorial shows a 12 point bolt and mine are 6pt.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 09-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: High beams - do you use them?