Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

HELP!! I got a leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Default HELP!! I got a leak!!

HELP!! I have a leak in the front driver side window/door and it has soaked my floor board and flooded over my weather tech mats!! We can not really find out where the leak is coming from?? I also have in pocket weather tech rain guards on my windows! We ran the water hose over the door and window trying to find the source of the leak and can't locate where it is coming from?! I think we have ruled out the windshield!! I have a H3 06 model. Also most of the flooding happened during a small tropical storm but it has flooded again since then! Has this happened to anyone else!!?? My window/door gaskets are in place and doing fine! Please any info is greatly appreciated!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:29 PM

Wish I could help ya out, but I've never had a single leak.

I have an 06 H3 with 65k miles. I have performed the front drain tube flush on my moonroof. I've also used silicone on all seals.

Hopefully you can find the issue

Old 07-15-2014, 03:30 AM

MrsT, do you have a sunroof on your 06?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 PM
CWC

If your carpet is fully saturated, I would highly recommend removing and drying the carpet. Otherwise it will never fully dry, and probably will get moldy. Here is a DIY C&P from when I had to do it -->Disconnect any couplers under seats and four bolts each, carefully remove from vehicle. Center console is one hex head at back of shifter, then open storage compartment and pull off top part of center console held on by pressure clips (can be a little stubborn). Now remove two screws in front, two screws going down into floor and nut in center and remove console. Now pull off six plastic garnishes along the bottom, first two are long step garnishes that run on each side by the seats. Then second two are up by driver and passenger foot area. Finally remove garnishes on the bottom of the center pillars in the middle of the doors. Lift rear seats up and there are only three nuts holding them to the floor under some rubber caps, remove these. You will have to JUST LOOSEN the bolts holding the seat backs to the floor to slip the carpet out from under the brackets. OPTIONAL - There is a bracket in front of the shifter held down by two nuts you can remove to make it easier to get carpet out but not necessary. Now get carpet loose and fold it is half left over right and slip it out a right side door, (easiest with a helping hand). It is very hard to dry the carpet in the vehicle since there is sponge like material underneath. Now with carpet out and lower garnishes off, put seats back in and do water tests with bare floor. MUCH easier to detect where leak is coming from and no soaked carpet while you are finding leaks. Most likely sunroof drain tubes as Doc Olds stated.

Last edited by CWC; 07-15-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Error
Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 AM

Thanks so much for all of the info!! Yes I do have a sunroof! I never thought about it being the sunroof!? We were beginning to think that it might be the a windshield leak. We finally discovered after another thunderstorm that there was some leaking under the kick panel near the emergency brake!!?? So we will try anything at this point!! How do you test for a leak in a sunroof? Watching utube vids now!!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM

Just called the glass place and they said to check our sunroof drain tube.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Originally Posted by MrsTsH3
How do you test for a leak in a sunroof? Watching utube vids now!!
That's what my link (in BLUE) was for, click it, all your questions will be answered.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 PM

Click on the BLUE LINK in Doc Olds post above.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 AM

Oh ok!! I see it now!! Sorry I over looked it!! Problem is all fixed all thanks to you guys!! It was in fact the sunroof drain and I got up there and did a water test and water was actually still puddles around my sunroof where it was not draining on the left side/driver side. So we used the air compressor method to unclog the drain and so far so good!! We had a BIG rain right after the fix and so far no leaks!! Thanks again for everything guys!! Would have spent a lot money to fix a problem that was FREE to fix!!

Quick Reply: HELP!! I got a leak!!