Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

heater blower

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 12:08 AM
Default heater blower

Hello all,
I have a 2008 h3. I have started to have problems with my heater blower fan not working all the time. It usually runs fine when I first start it. If I stop somewhere and get back in and start the engine, the fan does not blow. Sometimes it won't run the rest of the day, sometimes it will turn on while driving and sometimes it will turn on a few minutes after starting while idling. The other day it worked, went to the movies, and after it would not blow. 30 minute drive to go pick up my daughter. Still not blowing, then while it was sitting running while picking up my daughter it just randomly started blowing. It has been to the dealer three times. First time they replaced the relay switch, second time they replaced the resistor and the third time they said they replaced the whole blower unit. I assume the motor. None of these things fixed it. I have searched online high and low and seen many people with this same issue, but have never seen anyone say how it was fixed. My wiring harness has no burning on it at all and my vin number is not included in the recall. Any suggestions?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

First suggestion would be to NOT post in the FAQ Section as it says not to do so in the third thread stuck at the top of said section.

You said: "My wiring harness has no burning on it at all and my vin number is not included in the recall." .... and you have a 2008 H3?? Not so. Go to a different dealer.

From the official press release for the HVAC Recall: "The first recall covers 165,000 Hummers in the U.S. and 31,000 in other countries. The models affected are 2006 through 2010 Hummer H3s and 2009 and 2010 H3Ts."

Old 01-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Sorry, I don't even know how I posted in FAQ. That was a little strange. The only reason I said my H3 was not covered in the recall was because I went online and put my vin in to check it. It came up showing no recall. I just dropped it off again. I told them to check the harness. They have actually been really good to me. I have a new relay switch which I had to pay for the first time I brought it in, then they covered the new resistor the second time and a new blower motor the third time. The only thing is the amount of time i have lost from my machine. Does anyone know of a electrical board behind the steering column that has something to do with the blower? I saw on a post somewhere online about it, but can no longer find it.
Thanks