Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

From Hated to Beloved Bold Statement

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Default From Hated to Beloved Bold Statement

Hummer’s were once upon a time the most hated fleet of vehicles. Now it seems like they’re everywhere, I can’t go one day without seeing one. Do you guys think they’re now seen as status symbol?

Old 07-18-2020, 06:17 PM

Don't know what you're smoking? 10yrs ago when the last hummer rolled off the assembly line, I saw them everywhere, while driving, now, I may see 1 or 2 a week, no matter where I drive? Not a "status symbol", it's a slow process to extinction. Yet, you will find many, if you look behind closed doors.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Extinction...no. Old T-birds, Mustangs, Corvettes, Packards….there will always be a core group of enthusiasts that keep them alive. People are restoring everything from old pickup trucks to Jeep Grand Wagoneers. Sure, there will be less and less of them over time as wear/accidents/neglect take their toll but Hummers will be around for a long time. I have noticed that in areas, as trucks sell and are bought that there are times I see a lot more than I used to. Currently in my area there seem to be a lot more Hummers than there used to be. Status symbol, I don't think so. I do know that the Hummer hate seems to have dissipated. There are still a few around that are not fans but I never really hear about or see the types of stuff we used to see when it comes to Hummer hate.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Status symbol? Maybe the H1 when guys like Arnold first bought the civilian versions. The rest, they are a dime a dozen, here in Detroit they were never a big deal. More likely to get a brick through the window of a rice burner than any Hummer hate.