PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummers are greener than Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Default Hummers are greener than Hybrids

This is all over the news today;

http://www.katu.com/news/7561002.html

from "dust to dust"...raw materials to the end of the vehicles life, it says Hummers are better for the environment than a Prius...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/AD4B58EE4E8B4E449B465CA4636D7E9F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hummers are greener than Hybrids

THANK YOU! About time somebody mentions that. This is what I tell people all the time, especially since the batteries will cause more harm to the environment then the H3 itself. I'm glad somebody finally did this.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm doing my part for the enviroment!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Oh the Irony:

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, DRIVE A HUMMER!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM

That should be on a bumper sticker

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Oh the Irony:

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, DRIVE A HUMMER!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Yes all of these "Earth Savers" driving around in thier ugly, little boxes of hypocrisy, they make me sick. I have had notes left on my H3 by these Al Gore lemmings, telling me that I am ruining the earth and I am the cause of all future wars and a climate cotastrophe.

Do they not know that the majority of the parts for those sh*& boxes they drive are made in China, the most polluting nation on earth? Do they not know that the life span, of a Prius is about 5 years? then you either have to upgrade or spend a crap load of money to keep up with the technology and if nobody wants to buy a prius that is out of date, guess where it goes?. Do they not know that all of these earth saving cars dont just pop up on an organic farm, they are shipped in Planes, (tons of jet fuel) they are carried on trains (tons of diesal fuel) they are carried on Trucks (tons of diesal fuel). Do they not know that the areas that they mine for the batteries will be uninhabitable for many many generations?

I think its fine ifthey choose to drive a car that looks like an Armadillo but get your self righteous *** out of my way and don't try to make me feel guilty for what I choose to drive as a free citizen of the United States.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:07 PM

The way I read it, the ultimate way would be to burn Scions in our Hummers!

Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Oh I HAVE TO take this to work and show a co-worker... I never hear the end about how bad my Hummer is for the environment... [sm=shutup.gif]

Old 06-13-2007, 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

Oh I HAVE TO take this to work and show a co-worker... I never hear the end about how bad my Hummer is for the environment... [sm=shutup.gif]
GOOD!! Let 'em HAVE IT!!

Oh, and Congrats on the 100th post!!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 AM

I have had a Larry David type moment one time (which is funnier since he actually drives a Prius) and I feel the need to share...

I was at Lowe's buying something and came out in a cart. I noticed a Prius parking next to me and take notice of them since I'm a huge fan of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' So a lady gets out and asks me if she can have my cart when I'm done. No problem I say, then go to the back and start unloading my purchases. Now picture how the back of your H3 opens, my door was blocking my view of this woman and her Prius. Once unloaded, I shut the door with her standing RIGHT THERE. She says to me, "oh, this is your Hummer? Yeah, I drive the Prius."

To which I reply, "well, I guess we cancel each other out then." Who knew I was the one actually saving the environment...

Quick Reply: Hummers are greener than Hybrids