Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Throws itself into Neutral while driving....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Default H3 Throws itself into Neutral while driving....

My H3 keeps throwing itself into Neutral has anyone else had this problem?
I had it into the shop all last week, they said it was a clip on the differential shaft. They changed that, brought it home, everything seemed fine, hubby goes out to pick up daughter, and H3 goes into limp mode again. Half a mile from the farm. Calls me says bring the Dodge to tow him back, calls back 10 min’s says, he turned it off, a turned the wheels back and forth and it’s going again.
Calls back said, nope threw itself into neutral again, won’t go. The H3 seems to Hate the cold weather, every time it’s extremely cold it does this…….
Has anyone out there had their Hummer put itself into neutral and refuse to go? I don’t know if it’s the tranny, or the actuator.
We towed it into the yard, hubby unhooked the tow rope, I turned it off, moved the steering wheel back and forth and put it into drive and off I went……….Duh………what the heck is with this H3??
I parked it in the drive way………Now I’m going to try and drive to work……..20 miles…….with the tow trucks number in hand……..I do not know what to think of this……..anyone have any ideas?
Wendy

Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Sounds like a powertrain issue -- good thing HUMMER has a good powertrain warranty. Advice is take it to the dealer.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Default my hummer goes in neutral in cold wheather only

had you guys find probel for this issue
Originally Posted by Wally2007
My H3 keeps throwing itself into Neutral has anyone else had this problem?
I had it into the shop all last week, they said it was a clip on the differential shaft. They changed that, brought it home, everything seemed fine, hubby goes out to pick up daughter, and H3 goes into limp mode again. Half a mile from the farm. Calls me says bring the Dodge to tow him back, calls back 10 min’s says, he turned it off, a turned the wheels back and forth and it’s going again.
Calls back said, nope threw itself into neutral again, won’t go. The H3 seems to Hate the cold weather, every time it’s extremely cold it does this…….
Has anyone out there had their Hummer put itself into neutral and refuse to go? I don’t know if it’s the tranny, or the actuator.
We towed it into the yard, hubby unhooked the tow rope, I turned it off, moved the steering wheel back and forth and put it into drive and off I went……….Duh………what the heck is with this H3??
I parked it in the drive way………Now I’m going to try and drive to work……..20 miles…….with the tow trucks number in hand……..I do not know what to think of this……..anyone have any ideas?
Wendy

Old 04-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by camaro1666
had you guys find probel for this issue
The Digging UP OLD Thread WINNER OF THE DAY....... resurrecting a TEN Year Old Dinosaur from the dead! Champion Necro-Bumper.

What's a probel? Can't find one if we do not know what it is. Anybody else find probel????

Old 04-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

What's a probel? Can't find one if we do not know what it is. Anybody else find probel????
Doc, you need to go to the urban dictionary;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=probel

Old 04-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hummerz
Doc, you need to go to the urban dictionary;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=probel
I saw that before I posted, pretty funny.