Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Leans Forward ... Why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by duffy2092
I cant understand why people wont spend 200.00 dollars to level the h3 properly.I just leveled my h3 with a torsion key kit.I asked my local allignment guy who been in the buisness 20 yrs about cranking the torsion nuts to level and he refused to do it, because it will ride like **** worse than my jeep. my h3 rides the same as it did before
You might wanna read some posts on here about leveling via the torsion bolts. As we (members) are the ones that drive the rigs and share our opinions about such mods. Having numerous threads about the bolts vs. torsion key I am sure it will not be hard for you to find what system the majority of members turn to for the best ride.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 PM

the reason gm did that and this is coming from a gm worker it is more accessable to shorter people, if this vehicle was leveled from the factory some people would not buy it because it is to hard to access.
Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 154
Size:  24.9 KB

Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM

Cranking the torsion bars didn't affect my ride at all.
I can think of many other things to spend $200 on for my H3, and I'm not talking about any bling.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM

Wow. Strange answers here! So if I want to raise my H3, I was informed to buy a Ready Lift Kit. I wanna add 33 or 35 wheels, not sure which size. I also want to level it up, I suppose but my local Tire Shop, the lead mechanic said keep the rear higher than front because the H3 was made to this way for a reason. He added, anyone raising the front is a fool.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
I also want to level it up, I suppose but my local Tire Shop, the lead mechanic said keep the rear higher than front because the H3 was made to this way for a reason. He added, anyone raising the front is a fool.
WOW, must be a lot of fools out there because most of the IFS/Torsion bar rigs I see are either raised or leveled. Every IFS/Torsion bar rig we have owned has been raised or leveled (not with the useless "reindexing keys" either).

Reason #1. It just looks better #2. More clearence between the ground and the front diff/crossmember.

Ooooooo he is the "lead mechanic" at a "tire shop"! That is the same as a saying the Commander of the Mexican Space Program.

Last edited by TAINTER; 11-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
.... He added, anyone raising the front is a fool.
If anyone's a fool here it's the "lead mechanic" at the tire shop Ray, followed by anyone who wastes their money on "reindexing keys" or "leveling kits" after being told repeatedly that they are not needed.

Last edited by Bunger; 12-01-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 AM

the reason gm did that and this is coming from a gm worker it is more accessable to shorter people, if this vehicle was leveled from the factory some people would not buy it because it is to hard to access. I just leveled my 2006 h3 and iam 6"0 and i still have to "hop" into it somewhat
You just made my morning with that one.. thats some funny stuff right there.. Got any more?????

Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM

the reason gm did that and this is coming from a gm worker it is more accessable to shorter people

Is this the GM worker?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM

I think the leaning looks aggressive and intimidating ... I think it looks good. After I decide what size wheels and tires I want, and I will raise it up, leveling if you will, and I will add more height to the rear to give that lean forward look. Is it just me or does the leaning look cool? Everyone and their brother levels the front up, why?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 AM

Lets have a vote ... 1. Who likes the lean? 2. Who likes the H3 level?

Quick Reply: H3 Leans Forward ... Why?