Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 A/C has short bursts of cool air.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Default H3 A/C has short bursts of cool air.

I have looked on this forum for awhile to an answer I have seen posted a few times. A/C compressor runs for 3 seconds and then shuts off for 45 seconds to a min and then runs for 3-4 seconds again. Mine was doing this and with my snap on scanner I was able to see that the compressor was commanded to do this. I was not able to see any other information though. After checking the charge which was good, and replacing the pressure switch which was easy, it came down the evap temp sensor. I checked at every dealer and they have been out of production for almost 3 years and there are none available in the nation. There are no aftermarket ones made for this truck. Was able to trace the HVAC company back to us air and found that the 2010 ford fusion uses the same evap temp sensor as the H3. Got an aftermarket standard brand AX163 evap temp sensor and was able to get it installed this weekend. Electrical plug plugs in directly with no mods. Was not able to get the sensor in in the same position due to not wanting to remove the entire dash assembly but did relocate the sensor 90 degrees in the HVAC box. A/C is working perfectly and the temp regulation is right on 32 degrees. Just though this would help someone out fighting the same thing I have been fighting for a month now.

Old 07-15-2023, 08:59 PM

thank you for sharing you findings. great to know that the 2010 ford fusion one fits.