Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

What am I missing? Camber not adjustable to spec.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 07:31 AM
Default What am I missing? Camber not adjustable to spec.

Hey super new here. Been creeping for a while (only reading not posting). I have a 2007 H3 base model with 200,000 miles. I have recently rebuilt the front end because of a mystery wobble when turning and hard acceleration. After rebuild I still have a wobble and when getting it aligned they said that the driver side camber adjustments are all the way down on the frame and still not in spec. I have replaced the upper control arm twice in two years because there was play (which the camber adjust nipples were missing 3 of the 4). I pressed in a new lower ball joint. Any idea why my camber is so far off that the adjustment will not put it back into spec. The wobble maybe the clue because when turning and accelerating even slightly, there is a loping. Also since this is my caster adjustment also, it cannot be brought into spec. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-16-2023, 07:26 PM

bad repair from a previous accident? frame a bit out of spec? worn out or stretched suspension mount points? bent rim?

Old 07-16-2023, 08:02 PM

^X2-> BENT FRAME. OEM Cam bolts allow +/-1.5 degree = more than enough adjustment with a STRAIGHT FRAME.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
bad repair from a previous accident? frame a bit out of spec? worn out or stretched suspension mount points? bent rim?
Could you elaborate on worn out or stretched suspension mount points please?

Old 07-17-2023, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
^X2-> BENT FRAME. OEM Cam bolts allow +/-1.5 degree = more than enough adjustment with a STRAIGHT FRAME.

It was in a wreck but the side that was hit is within spec. Also the wobble was prior to the wreck.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:21 AM

This has been over a year of analyzing and replacing worn out suspension parts. I am thinking that I might have installed a bad or wrong lower ball joint. Trying to think of what would push that lower half of the tire out so that the cam adjustment ran out of adjustment. Multiple shops have looked at it.