Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Emergency Brake Pulled - No brakes, ABS, Traction Control, Stabiltrak

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 08:42 PM
Default Emergency Brake Pulled - No brakes, ABS, Traction Control, Stabiltrak

New member here, I have searched the site and can't find an answer for this issue

Recently bought a 2006 H3 and yesterday I replaced the shifter boot as the other was shedding. After replacement, I didn't drive it, and today my daughter drove it. When she got to her destination it wouldn't shift into park. When she called I realized that I had not put the shifter on correctly and told her to bring it home.

She had pulled the emergency brake while we were talking on the phone. Once she pulled the emergency brake, all of the following occurred:

1)Brakes go all the way to the floor.

2)ABS light is on

3)Service Stabilitrak

4) Traction Failed

5)Service Brake Fluid

Brake fluid is full, pedal goes all the way to the floor.

I have disconnected the battery, checked all of the fuses and 4wd buttons - 50 times reset, all with no success.

I can't believe that this is all related to me installing the shifter incorrectly, but maybe it is. There were no issues before I did the replacement.

I am not much of mechanic, but I am capable of doing a few things. The brakes really bothered me after she got home. I would have never told her to drive had I realized how bad they are.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by odieholtz
New member here, I have searched the site and can't find an answer for this issue....
Hello and welcome, Odie. Your issues sound sketchy, especially having just purchased it. I might plug it into a code reader to see if anything comes up. Next, I might swap another battery in (if you have a vehicle with a similar battery). Replacing factory battery terminals might be a good idea from what I've read on the forums, as well. I would definitely check the "blade" section of the fuses, especially on the BCM. I had a "good" fuse with corroded blades in my BCM slot causing some very unusual symptoms (similar to yours). I sanded and cleaned the blades on the fuse and it ended up solving my issues (locked brakes, stability and ABS warnings, etc.). Here's what mine looked like for reference:

I wish you the best in figuring out your H3 troubles! It is not enjoyable feeling the fear of uncertainty.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Are you still using the Crappy Azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors???? If so, hack them off and replace with Stingers or your favorite aftermarket brand. #1 know cause for electrical issues and the first mod that should be done to every H3/H3T.

BTW disconnecting a battery on a late model GM vehicle does not reset anything, the PCM stores the last 300 ignition cycles via flash based memory, power or no power