Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

"eco" Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 PM

Why people keep thinking a battery car is ECO?
First you need to see what is needed to produce the electric power!
Then you should not forget that batteries need frequent replacement and are hazardous waste!
The future might be bio oil...bio gas...or a fuel cell what generates electric power from nitrogen. For latest they are still researching a eco way to produce nitrogen.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:50 AM

What that needs is my golf clubs and a cooler full of beer in the back and a hot blonde caddie in the passenger seat.

For all the money in the world, but not a cent less I think I could love a Prius.

I believe prior to GM shutting down Hummer there was a company in the R&D phase taking H3's and making them high MPG vehicles with the plan to take them to market. They changed plans when word got out about GM ditching Hummer.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bullwheel
Why people keep thinking a battery car is ECO?
First you need to see what is needed to produce the electric power!
Then you should not forget that batteries need frequent replacement and are hazardous waste!
The future might be bio oil...bio gas...or a fuel cell what generates electric power from nitrogen. For latest they are still researching a eco way to produce nitrogen.
Your right on Target with electric vehicles I work in the material handling field. (Hyster forklifts)

Old 06-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt Junkie
What that needs is my golf clubs and a cooler full of beer in the back and a hot blonde caddie in the passenger seat.

For all the money in the world, but not a cent less I think I could love a Prius.

I believe prior to GM shutting down Hummer there was a company in the R&D phase taking H3's and making them high MPG vehicles with the plan to take them to market. They changed plans when word got out about GM ditching Hummer.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
yeah lets run on ahl,,or gas but not "dino" derived! If we accept the dinosaur/vegitation theory we are buying into the bs about running out and that aint so!
See the link aboiut how oil is renewed and made in nature with no dino!dying!!
sustainable oil?

no oil shortage and aint gonna be for at least 150 years!!

Just keen drillin and kick demos out of govt!

drill baby drill

Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Diesel H3............thats like a wet dream come true for me!!!! Would spend any amount on such an thing!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Default eco

Well, I'm pretty sure gas prices were not in our minds when purchasing "THE BEST VEHICLE EVER!" ....do army tanks get good gas mileage? prolly not...but, they get to the place they need to be. That is why we have hummers peeps...i would say more...but my grass is so high from all this cool rain....got to go cut it yet again! btw...its really GREEN

Old 06-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

A diesel AM General H3 would be the only vehicle I would trade my current H3 in for at present. Let's hope this happens one day in the not too distant future... or at least before our trucks get start clocking a quarter of a million miles on them and we're starting threads on how to make sure your wheels don't fall off.