Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

"eco" Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Default "eco" Hummer

Just not sure what to think of this......

MEV HUMMER HX Electric Vehicle | My Electric Vehicle

Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Personally I find it pretty cool
Any exploration in electric vehicles is a step in the right direction
Of course, I can't see myself off roading in that particular vehicle, but then it is
probably for in town use only.
They don't make really long extension cords, yet.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:00 AM

I say hell yeah go for it, I'm all for an eco Hummer, good on them for trying. I love anything Hummer. Well, almost everything, the blingmachine H2's make me sick.

Seriously though, this is a step in the right direction to bring Hummer back and change the publics opinions on them. You would be amazed, but I'm sure other people get it too, but I was amazed at how bad the publics image of Hummer is. I had no idea until I bought one, and the number one question I got at LEAST once a week if not more was "What kinda gas mileage that thing get?"

People seemed shocked for some reason when I tell them it's better than a Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, full size pickup, etc. Just goes to show right there how bad peoples perception of Hummer is, the stigma of gas mileage even carried over to the H3 from the H2.

Last edited by Draketh; 06-02-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=Draketh;251184]
I say hell yeah go for it, I'm all for an eco Hummer, good on them for trying. I love anything Hummer. Well, almost everything, the blingmachine H2's make me sick.

I can't tell you how many times I have had to tell people my Hummer is the smaller "H3" not the behemoth H2
I almost feel like getting cards printed and just hand them out, instead of explaining each time
So you know my pain, sic.

Last edited by wfturner; 06-02-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM

I've also heard from a reliable source that AM General is running around with a small fleet of diesel H3's that they're testing down south.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

the chevy "cruise" turbo 4 banger,1.4 liter,138 hp,,,42 mpg. thats making sense!. forget electric till they start slicing up the green cheese on the moon!!

its pie in the sky!!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
I've also heard from a reliable source that AM General is running around with a small fleet of diesel H3's that they're testing down south.
I would have bought a diesel in a heart beat if they offered one in 07.
Never really understood why GM didn't make that choice. They have diesels, but maybe not small block ones, at least that I know of
Do you know what size these diesels engines are that are running around in H3's ?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
I would have bought a diesel in a heart beat if they offered one in 07.
Never really understood why GM didn't make that choice. They have diesels, but maybe not small block ones, at least that I know of
Do you know what size these diesels engines are that are running around in H3's ?
4.something I don't remember, I'll have to ask. 4.7L?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 PM

I think its gay, no coal powered H3 for me! Hummers are to conservitives what the prius is to smug little liberal tree huggers I wouldnt reform there image for all the money in the world! Now I think a 4-5 cylinder diesel would be awsome, tons of low RPM torque and much improved mileage, I have 3 buddies that have TDI Jettas and that knock down between 50-55 MPG nothing like 500 + miles out of a tank of Dinasour juice

Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

yeah lets run on ahl,,or gas but not "dino" derived! if we accept the dinosaur/vegitation theory we are buying into the bs about running out and that aint so!
see the link aboiut how oil is renewed and made in nature with no dino!dying!!
Sustainable Oil?

no oil shortage and aint gonna be for at least 150 years!!

just keen drillin and kick demos out of govt!

Quick Reply: "eco" Hummer