Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

eBay intake help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 AM
Default eBay intake help

Have a 2006 H3 with the 3.5 engine and I recently got an intake from eBay that was for H3/Colorado’s. When I receive it, the aluminum pipe looked nice but noticed the maf sensor hole was not big enough so I cut the stock plastic intake part where the maf sensor goes and just added the cone on one end and the aluminum piping on the other with clamps, I can post pictures tomorrow afternoon, I ALSO (where I probably messed up) cleaned the throttle body which was dirty and moved the butterfly a little, I did all this while not unplugging my battery. So my H3 runs limpy until I give it some gas, I ran it on the freeway t ran okay but then I turn it off and turn it on and it stumbles and dies. The rpms are up and down I’m sure its the throttle body, should I disconnect the throttle body completely and clean the back while disconnecting the battery? What do u guys think? I think the intake part itself is okay since it wasn’t over heating or anything, thanks

Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM

I cleaned my MAF and TB without disconnecting battery and everything seemed fine but I would suggest the Air Doc intake, my H3 has thanked me.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:39 PM

So I put the air filter box and put the aluminum aftermarket tube/filter. I put the original vortex box and hose and i tried to clamp the plastic tube to the cut maf sensor tube and it’s working now but it has bogging and also when I completely stop it shows “oil” on the odometer and the oil light comes on, when I step on the gas it goes away. I’m just gonna try and find a stock filter or something at the junk yard, sucks but I don’t trust aluminum intakes anymore.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 AM

1. That is NOT a Cold Air Intake. A CAI will connect from the air filter box directly to the Throttle Body.
2. You have to have a definite seal on ALL parts of the intake from the MAF forward. Any leaks will degrade the motor/computers ability to keep the air to fuel ratio constant.
3. Should have bought an AIRDOC.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
1. That is NOT a Cold Air Intake. A CAI will connect from the air filter box directly to the Throttle Body.
2. You have to have a definite seal on ALL parts of the intake from the MAF forward. Any leaks will degrade the motor/computers ability to keep the air to fuel ratio constant.
3. Should have bought an AIRDOC.
have the link to air doc? 2006 Hummer H3 3.5

Old 08-15-2018, 08:18 AM

have the link to air doc? 2006 Hummer H3 3.5

cold air intake systems

Old 08-16-2018, 08:29 AM

So you used green foam and gorilla tape. On your intake and maf. And then wonder why your having problems?