PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help installed K&N AIR intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Default Need help installed K&N AIR intake

I need help I installed a K&N air intake system and now my check engine light came on any Ideas? Thanks

Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Need help installed K&N AIR intake

Mass air flow sensor in the intake tube is now covered in oil from the K&N.. Take the MAF out, wipe it down and see if clears it up.. If not, new MAF..

Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM

did u disconnect the battery be4 install cause u schould have unless u just put the k&n filter in. if it's the package then u need to dis connect the battery be4 install. like in first reply if u did not pad the oil off then u got the maf.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the reply's I bought a new maf and dissconected the batterie the check engine light went off for about 25miles then came back on so i got the code checked and it says that the engine is running to lean will this hurt the engine it dosent stall or have any other issues other then a little pop from the cold air intake nothing loud any hel would be great I am just seeing if i should switch back to the old air intake thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM

dont no what to tell u,when i wanted to install a air intake system i went with true flow cause there is no need to take out the factory air box so u dont need to touch the maf. i love it and have not had any problems in the year it's been in and i also use the k&n air filter instead of the true flow filter cause i like the k&n filter better. so i suggest fo back to the stock or go wth something like a true flow and replace everything but the air box. good luck

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/9E45F8F13A3D4BD0902DDA7DD92B8A66.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM

I have the same K&N filter and a modified airflow. My engine light has never come on. Wash your filter and easy on the oil!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Crash

Mass air flow sensor in the intake tube is now covered in oil from the K&N.. Take the MAF out, wipe it down and see if clears it up.. If not, new MAF..
NEVER touch the MAF with anything, do not even think of wiping it. A wipe will wipe em out!

Use MAF cleaner only, and follow the directions.
Name:  CRCMAF.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  17.4 KB

Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: driller

Thanks for the reply's I bought a new maf and dissconected the batterie the check engine light went off for about 25miles then came back on so i got the code checked and it says that the engine is running to lean will this hurt the engine it dosent stall or have any other issues other then a little pop from the cold air intake nothing loud any hel would be great I am just seeing if i should switch back to the old air intake thanks
It will take about 100 miles + to get your PCM to learn the knew fuel mixtures it needs. The pop you hear has always been there, but your K&N plastic open [:@] system know lets you better hear the diaphram shutting when you shut down.

Closed systems RULE! [8D][8D]

Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

ORIGINAL: Crash

NEVER touch the MAF with anything, do not even think of wiping it. A wipe will wipe em out!

Use MAF cleaner only, and follow the directions.
They don't call him Doc for nothing!!
I have a can in the garage.

Read the directions? Like we read our manual?

Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM

My check engine light is on AGAIN 07 H3 I think it's time to try maf cleaner

Quick Reply: Need help installed K&N AIR intake