Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Disconnect OnStar But Keep XM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:05 PM

The heavy blue wire back there is for charging an aux battery on a trailer forget which fuse it is but it is a 30 amp circuit.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by BruceS
The heavy blue wire back there is for charging an aux battery on a trailer forget which fuse it is but it is a 30 amp circuit.

well i I guess it could still be drawing current if it was exposed and possibly touching metal? That would explain the sporadic dead spells ranging from 6 hours to two days. I guess depending on my driving. Lol. Anyway that’s it because it has cranked every single time since we fixed that.... Big thanks to DOC and a couple other people who mentioned it to me! You saved me from driving GinnyH3 off of a Cliff!

Old 02-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
It has happened to a couple dozen that I know of. I cannot remember which wire rubbed through on mine (don't recall blue) but any except ground would cause the same issue. Stretch the harness away, maneuver it however you have to in order to create enough space to avoid contact with it in the future.
Check it now and then to make sure it is staying away from where it had contact.

It killed mine 3 or 4 times when it was super cold out, once I found it, and replaced the Battery Terminal Connectors with Stingers, never happened since. Been many years since.

Hope that was it.

Hey Doc!! I know we have figured out this issue on my H3, and I am so happy! I tried searching for another issue that I am having, but can't seem to find anything, and I thought you might be able to again point me in the right direction. My H3 is 2008 Alpha with the Rear Camera in the Rear View Mirror. Has worked great until I noticed it today and it is VERY Dark.... Almost like the screen is going black and in the very bright spots (where sun shines on things) it is very fuzzy and an odd pinkish color.... What are your thoughts on what has caused this and how to fix. Thanks!!

Old 02-21-2018, 02:58 PM

the factory clip holds it against the frame. just pop it free and the cable will float free and safe. did this years ago on my new 10 and posted it more thann once. everybody should do it,its a factory error...

Old 04-05-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Car54
First I want to say "sorry" if I'm in the wrong place at the forum. I have an H3 '06, OnStar was the culprit for the battery drain, unsubscribed from OnStar about 3 months ago and it appears that was in fact the parasite. But I want to actually pull the OnStar fuse and I've looked everywhere, here at the forum and online at various sites. I went under the hood of my H3 today and thought I had found the OnStar fuse box but not sure. I'm attaching a photo of where I think it's located but would like someone to tell me if this is the location for sure. We took this standalone apart and found no fuse. If anyone out there knows where the fuse box for OnStar is, we would greatly appreciate it !! Thanks.

OnStar fuse box location? It's coming direct from the battery on a red wire.

Last edited by hummerz; 04-06-2019 at 02:21 PM.