Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Disabling factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 11:18 PM
NFS
Default Disabling factory alarm

Anyone knows how to disable factory alarm without the rke? Is there a wire I can unplug or cut to disable the factory alarm system? I have an aftermarket Alarm that I want to use but the factory alarm
trigger almost every time I unlock the car and open the door and it can be any door

please someone tell me how to disable it off 2007 hummer h3

Old 06-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

I never even knew there was a factory alarm when I had my 2007, never ever had it go off until I got a short in the wiring back near the license plate and it killed the battery.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:59 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I never even knew there was a factory alarm when I had my 2007, never ever had it go off until I got a short in the wiring back near the license plate and it killed the battery.
this one equipped with factory alarm because when I open the door sometimes the horn goes off. I am trying to disable it cus I am using aftermarket. Do you know how to disable that?

Old 06-17-2021, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

I have an aftermarket alarm and it sounds the horn. I have no idea how to disable the factory and enable only an aftermarket.

Sounds to me like your aftermarket alarm could be the problem. Does it have installation instructions and customer support?

Old 06-17-2021, 10:27 AM

usually you lock and unlock the drivers door with the key 2 times. but i am not sure for an H3.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:01 AM
NFS

I have an aftermarket alarm and it sounds the horn. I have no idea how to disable the factory and enable only an aftermarket.

Sounds to me like your aftermarket alarm could be the problem. Does it have installation instructions and customer support?
yes Best Buy installed it and I took it to 4 different Best Buy’s and they checked everything and everyone is good but some times when I unlock the door the factory alarm goes off like the horn not the aftermarket system

Old 06-17-2021, 11:02 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by bronxteck
usually you lock and unlock the drivers door with the key 2 times. but i am not sure for an H3.
I tried that when the car get unlocked when I open the door the factory alarm kicks in there no problem unlock or locks it’s just the stupid system trigger by ur self sometimes when one of the doors open

Old 06-17-2021, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
yes Best Buy installed it and I took it to 4 different Best Buy’s and they checked everything and everyone is good but some times when I unlock the door the factory alarm goes off like the horn not the aftermarket system
I have said this before. I would not let any of the Best Buy kids anywhere near any of my stuff. They could screw up a free lunch and could not deliver news papers.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:45 AM
NFS

I have said this before. I would not let any of the Best Buy kids anywhere near any of my stuff. They could screw up a free lunch and could not deliver news papers.

haha well it’s already done and I am trying to figure it out! Please help me doc

Old 06-21-2021, 08:08 PM

This place can program it out of your ECU.

https://www.pcmofnc.com

Quick Reply: Disabling factory alarm