Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Decent price or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 10:28 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Can't always count on THAT being accurate. For example, MY H3:

Owner #1: Vehicle shipped new from GM to Saginaw, Mi. Hummer dealership.

Owner #2: Vehicle traded to Clinton Twp., Mi. Hummer dealership for my purchase (lease) because they didn’t have one with the color/options I required.

Owner #3: Myself (2 year lease) with the intent of purchasing outright at the end of the lease.

Owner #4: Vehicle turned in to Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership for myself to purchase outright when lease expired because they offered me a better deal than the Clinton Twp. Hummer dealership.

Owner #5: My wife had to purchase in her name from the Chevrolet dealership since they could not resell to me at a ‘deal’ price lower than lease contract stipulated.

Owner #6: Title transferred from my wife to myself after purchase from the Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership.

As you can see, Car Fax would show that this vehicle has had (6) owners when in reality it has had only (1), being myself.
Yes, but yours is a ' VERY-RARE' ownership...

Last edited by ski.dive; 03-30-2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: NONE
Old 03-30-2019, 10:32 AM

Unfortunately it is still going to hurt me if/when I decide to sell.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:34 PM
wtl

Originally Posted by ski.dive
Get the vin# of that H3 and run a CARFAX
It will tell you 'how many owners' and if it has been in any 'major accidents also all maint.work done to it.

I paid $13k for my excellent condition 2007 'one owner'-70k miles ZERO RUST H3 last month
Good to know, thanks! I now have a lead on a 2007 with 98K miles that is single-owner and looks from photos as if it's been really well cared for. Interior is two tone black/tan with original leather and power/heated seats, and looks almost new in photos. It's a three hour drive away but may be worth the trip.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Can't always count on THAT being accurate. For example, MY H3:

Owner #1: Vehicle shipped new from GM to Saginaw, Mi. Hummer dealership.

Owner #2: Vehicle traded to Clinton Twp., Mi. Hummer dealership for my purchase (lease) because they didn’t have one with the color/options I required.

Owner #3: Myself (2 year lease) with the intent of purchasing outright at the end of the lease.

Owner #4: Vehicle turned in to Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership for myself to purchase outright when lease expired because they offered me a better deal than the Clinton Twp. Hummer dealership.

Owner #5: My wife had to purchase in her name from the Chevrolet dealership since they could not resell to me at a ‘deal’ price lower than lease contract stipulated.

Owner #6: Title transferred from my wife to myself after purchase from the Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership.

As you can see, Car Fax would show that this vehicle has had (6) owners when in reality it has had only (1), being myself.
I purchased my '07 that was off a lease, although it was passed around by many dealers, until I bought it for $16k,
7yrs ago.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:43 AM
wtl

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I want the OEM leather and power seats so that first option is out. Drove a couple hours to check out a low mileage 2007 that looked great in photos, but not so much in real life. The search continues.

I know the H2 is a beastly thing, but I'm sorta wondering if I should consider one. More power/towing capacity and third row seat option might be nice.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:24 PM
wtl

Found one I liked with all of the typical failures addressed by the owner, a semi-retired used car dealer and mechanic.)

Of the several I’ve test driven this one is far and away the best. 80K miles and < $9K (2006 base model as far as I can tell.)

Old 04-03-2019, 06:54 AM

Superior Blue is a great color. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:50 AM
wtl

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Superior Blue is a great color. Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks for identifying the color! I was looking at spare tire hardcovers online yesterday and wasn’t sure which blue I had, and the colors online were hard to match to it.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wtl
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I want the OEM leather and power seats so that first option is out. Drove a couple hours to check out a low mileage 2007 that looked great in photos, but not so much in real life. The search continues.

I know the H2 is a beastly thing, but I'm sorta wondering if I should consider one. More power/towing capacity and third row seat option might be nice.
You can buy OEM leather seats from pick n pulls, swap them out cheap and easy, the wiring harness is already there. I would not make "gotta have leather" my determining factor.

I would also be super cautious with any 2006.

I currently have my low mile 07 Adventure on the Detroit market chocked full of performance mods, upgrades etc... for significantly less than the red leather over cloth seats truck. That one would be a NO all day long for me.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Yes, the 2006 has the 3.5 and some had head gasket issues.

Quick Reply: Decent price or no?