Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Decent price or no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 04:22 PM
wtl
Question Decent price or no?

I've been lurking here for a few days. I've always liked the looks of the Hummer H3, but have never owned one. I've been gleaning information about things that can go wrong (luckily it seems to be a vehicle that holds up pretty well.)

I was seriously looking at one, but had it inspected today by a trusted mechanic and there are two many potential issues. I then decided to see what else was available in my area and found a listing for a 2008 H3 Adventure edition with the 3.7L I5. Only 77K miles, leather interior looks almost new, perfect exterior, really looks nice all the way around. Inspection yet to be done, but I just figured I'd ask this community if this vehicle is in the best possible condition for its age, is $13,975 a reasonable used car dealer asking price?

Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 PM
wtl

I'm a little suspicious of the leather now that I think about it. They don't have the outer trim I usually see on the seating. Do these look like aftermarket leather covers?

Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM

Definitely not O.E.M.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:05 PM
wtl

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Definitely not O.E.M.
Yeah that's kinda the conclusion I had reached as well. The only two tone I'm seeing online seems to be on Luxury models that also have two tone interior door panels and such. I kinda think this looks like it may have originally had cloth seats that have been covered with aftermarket leather covers. I'll look closely if I go see the vehicle in person.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:23 PM

IMO, the price seems a bit high and the seat covers would not affect my decision. Drive it and check all accessories, fluids, underneath, etc... GL

Old 03-29-2019, 11:32 PM

Seems way too expensive.

Last edited by norinco3264; 03-31-2019 at 06:21 AM. Reason: The rest of what I said was lame
Old 03-30-2019, 12:45 AM

I'd take a look at it for sure. That price is doable and those seats are really nice for 2008. Doesn't make a difference to me as long as the back and front match and look that clean.
Have it looked over by your mechanic.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:32 AM

Definitely aftermarket seat covers, you can tell because of the color AND the fact that the driver seat is manual not a power seat. Always a dead giveaway.

Seems about $2,000-3,000 over priced too.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:12 AM

Get the vin# of that H3 and run a CARFAX
It will tell you 'how many owners' and if it has been in any 'major accidents also all maint.work done to it.

I paid $13k for my excellent condition 2007 'one owner'-70k miles ZERO RUST H3 last month

Last edited by ski.dive; 03-30-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ski.dive
Get the vin# of that H3 and run a CARFAX
It will tell you 'how many owners'
Can't always count on THAT being accurate. For example, MY H3:

Owner #1: Vehicle shipped new from GM to Saginaw, Mi. Hummer dealership.

Owner #2: Vehicle traded to Clinton Twp., Mi. Hummer dealership for my purchase (lease) because they didn’t have one with the color/options I required.

Owner #3: Myself (2 year lease) with the intent of purchasing outright at the end of the lease.

Owner #4: Vehicle turned in to Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership for myself to purchase outright when lease expired because they offered me a better deal than the Clinton Twp. Hummer dealership.

Owner #5: My wife had to purchase in her name from the Chevrolet dealership since they could not resell to me at a ‘deal’ price lower than lease contract stipulated.

Owner #6: Title transferred from my wife to myself after purchase from the Madison Hts., Mi. Chevrolet dealership.

As you can see, Car Fax would show that this vehicle has had (6) owners when in reality it has had only (1), being myself.

Quick Reply: Decent price or no?