Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:03 PM

I have a csf installed for a few weeks now. Just curious where they have been leaking from so I can keep an eye on it.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

My first one leaked from the passenger side tank, must have had a pin hole in the weld somewhere. It would run down that side and drip from the bottom. My replacement has been good since I swapped it in on 12/26/16, no issues.

I plan on having the first one repaired at the local radiator shop and either keep it as a spare.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Exclamation

I’d like to pick up this conversation here on Sept 13 2019 having had a week of radiator leak, search and putting in the same ACdelco plastic radiator; precisely because the only ‘nice’ and more expensive aluminium option seems to have minor defects involving premature re-work :

1)pinhole leaks along the ‘fillet’ continuous joint welds was one of quality-control concern.
2)the innovative ‘B’ tube has to use brazing which is a weaker joint for thin material ; rather than a stronger welded joint .
(excessive movement, vibration or twisting effects could exceed the weaker brazed-joint strength.

If hummer members have access to aluminum repair facilities after the warranty expires, the material certainly has a more extended life than the original plastic unit.

The warranty does not mention bi-metal corrosion caution.
As the AC heat exchanger is bolted to the radiator, the two bolts should be in stainless steel and not the existing metal ones.
The transmission fluid push-hold tubes look like aluminum otherwise there could be corrosion problem too.

Last edited by Peterk; 09-13-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:05 PM

I still can confirm that my replacement radiator is still sealed over 7yrs later(outlasted oem)... Maybe my mod had something to do with it..
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-leaked-21184/
Originally Posted by hummerz
stylintrucks.com

OE Replacement Radiator (New) — 9589A Silla

$110.66+tax (& Free shipping with coupon code STBONUS at checkout)

2007-2009 Hummer H3 X; 5 Cyl 3.7L; "GAS, FI, Naturally Aspirated, VIN E"

Got mine in 1 day after ordering and it is well built, same weight as factory and I only needed to transfer the trans lines clips, ac condensor nuts, trans vent tube clamp, and rad cap. 1.5hrs labor and it is in like flynn...

Old 09-13-2019, 08:23 PM

Btw, I just found that the radiator I installed over 7yrs ago has come down in price:

radiatoroem

Also, the All aluminum has really dropped since csf was selling them for $549.

all-aluminum

Obviously the supply and demand is in effect.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:26 PM

Hi Hummerz,
Glad to know your radiator silla, is fine after 7 years. I looked it up on Amazon, it is like the DCDelco but it is out of stock .
The aluminum one is a Wiggly.
I am considering installing a separate transmission fluid cooler for a more positive hose connection and better cooling.
The present push hold arrangement leaves a lot to chance of popping out.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Many reasons I did not go with ac delco on the rad..
The original only lasted 5 years. The radiator is not hard to replace. The price of the acdelco was 3x the price.
The best price I can find now for the AcDelco radiator for my truck:
acd22000

vs

Old 09-14-2019, 11:22 AM

Seems the right choice as it is now out of stock.
I am banking on the ACDelco warranty.
Driving the past two days makes me nervous, as the transmission dipstick still shows low after 3 quarts more on order...
(I must have spilt a lot when the cooler clip-on insert popped out after the radiator was installed and under idling, I walked off for a few minutes)
cheers
having humming.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:20 PM

Just be sure to check trans fluid level, running at operating temperature!
Btw, my coolant has a slight off tint from original.
Even though I don't drive many miles, 10-101 dex cool should be changed every 5yrs.
I'm due since tstat replacement, and now seeing the 2855 is so cheap, I can replace the coolant and rad for under a 100bucks. Cheaper than many shops charge for a coolant system flush and refill.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:27 PM

Mine did not come with a new radiator cap; had to order separately - the new one lets out a few drops though; wonder if it is normal.
someone here long in the tooth, suggested using foam ear plugs to block the trans tubes-a brilliant idea; to conserve fluid and less top up.
ENJOY....
btw I did not touch the tstat - did not think about it , Oops.

Last edited by Peterk; 09-14-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T