Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

A/C Condensation Leaking on Passenger Side Floorboard?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Default A/C Condensation Leaking on Passenger Side Floorboard?

2007 H3 3.5L

The Scenario: My sunroof drain tubes have been unclogged per the instructions of many informative posts on this board. Also, it hasn't rained in over a week. It is finally hot and humid enough to warrant kicking the A/C on. After running for 20-30 minutes I started to notice a rushing water sound behind the glove box only when I turn left followed by what sounds like a sizzling/evaporating noise. Even after letting it sit overnight and not using A/C this morning the rushing and sizzling noise persists. The blower also drastically reduces air flow when turning left which makes me think water is actually in the blower housing.

The Problem (I think): I think that the A/C condensation drain may have come disconnected (possibly when I was unclogging the drain tubes) and is somehow leaking into or on top of the blower motor.

The Solution: Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Does it make sense that the A/C condensation would occur inside the cabin behind the dash and drain out the firewall similar to the sunroof drains? Typically with A/C, you'll see a puddle form under the vehicle but mine is forming on the passenger floorboards and not the ground below the engine compartment. Please help, thanks.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 PM

If its the problem I *think* your having, you have water collecting in the area of the blower motor. If so its a pretty easy fix, there's a "nipple" on the firewall on the passengers side that gets junk in it and won't allow the ac to drain. It Only sticks out a half inch or so. Push a straw or pencil through it and it will drain. Happens to mine every year. Hope that helps

Old 06-19-2014, 12:09 PM

Jruta, thanks for the reply. You were correct, problem solved!

Old 06-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jruta
there's a "nipple" It Only sticks out a half inch or so. Hope that helps
WOW! I like nipples. First to post a pic of this nipple wins a cookie.

Seriously, thank you both, for the question, and then confirmed solution. KUDOS!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Lol to Doc!

Bundy, glad it was the simple solution.

J

Old 06-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
WOW! I like nipples. First to post a pic of this nipple wins a cookie.

Seriously, thank you both, for the question, and then confirmed solution. KUDOS!
Pic of some nipples for you... where's my cookie?

Old 06-21-2014, 11:00 AM

Damn! Much better description than I gave!

Old 12-11-2020, 06:44 PM

I tried the above mention fix locating the nipple. Well at least I think I located it. The one I found on the passenger side has a piece of rubber hose with a 90 degree turn going down. I removed it pushed a piece of a coat hanger and twirled it. Nothing came out. The piece was located on the lower side of the fire wall more than half way down the engine block. I found no other nipple sticking out. Any help would be great. I have the H3 Alpha. TIA

Old 12-15-2020, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Old Azzed Thread Alert.