Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Blinking Rear Window Defrost & Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 AM
Default Blinking Rear Window Defrost & Traction Control

So I went to the store last night and the Traction Control started blinking as soon as I pulled out of the driveway. Of course I tried to toggle it off but that didn't fix it. I placed it in park, hit the switch and that turned it off. I didn't mess with anything electrical where I disconnected the battery during the day. Weird. The store I went to is about mile from my house. Stopped, shopped and left. On the way home I noticed the rear window defrost light come on then go off. I live in Phoenix and it was about 55 degrees. It blinked a few more times. Then almost home it came on and stayed on for about 30 seconds. Toggling it off did not work. Who is responsible for the gremlins and why did you release them in my truck? Any help on this mysterious occurrence would be great.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Why disconnect the battery? Are you still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, hack them off an use a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. First Mod to be done to every H3/H3T .....

Old 12-28-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Why disconnect the battery? Are you still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, hack them off an use a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. First Mod to be done to every H3/H3T .....
I have already replaced the terminals. That was actually done the first day I owned it. The reason I disconnected the battery a few days ago was to install a new car stereo. That would be the only reason I could see the traction control coming on. No clue about the rear defrost though.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Have a sunroof?

Old 12-28-2020, 08:25 PM

No sunroof

Old 12-28-2020, 08:51 PM

Pardon the old man that has a short memory.
Check/clean/secure connectors:

Old 12-29-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
I have already replaced the terminals. That was actually done the first day I owned it. The reason I disconnected the battery a few days ago was to install a new car stereo. That would be the only reason I could see the traction control coming on. No clue about the rear defrost though.
New stereo you say.
Hmmm.
Go back inside the center stalk and see if you have put the wrong connector in the wrong place for the HVAC wiring also check to see if your 4x4 control center is properly connected.
The 2 outer connectors for the HVAC will fit in either outer connection port but control totally different things.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
New stereo you say.
Hmmm.
Go back inside the center stalk and see if you have put the wrong connector in the wrong place for the HVAC wiring also check to see if your 4x4 control center is properly connected.
The 2 outer connectors for the HVAC will fit in either outer connection port but control totally different things.
Da winner. Ding, ding, ding, give the man a prize. That is definitely where to look.