Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

rear turn signals problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 PM
NFS
Default rear turn signals problem

hello guys. I been having issue with the driver rear light.
brake light doesn't work but the light is on, but when I press on the brakes the light doesn't light up more like the right side. when I turn the left signal it doesn't flash either but the light is on!!, and sometimes when I turn the left signal, it activate the right signal so it be like hazard light on but its actually not on!!!

what the problem might be? and how to fix it? is it a fuse? and where is it located?

Thanks a lot

Old 02-17-2018, 08:54 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by NFS
hello guys. I been having issue with the driver rear light.
brake light doesn't work but the light is on, but when I press on the brakes the light doesn't light up more like the right side. when I turn the left signal it doesn't flash either but the light is on!!, and sometimes when I turn the left signal, it activate the right signal so it be like hazard light on but its actually not on!!!

what the problem might be? and how to fix it? is it a fuse? and where is it located?

Thanks a lot
anyone?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 AM

Try reading these first:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...olution-38776/

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...roblems-38814/

If you check all the wires (even inside the wire loom) and they are all fine, wiggle the harness a bit and try the signals.
If they work properly, check the connections and the ground on the frame.

Let us know if this works

Old 02-17-2018, 10:39 AM

Does it have a receptacle for connecting trailer lights? If so follow that from the receptacle. You may find where it rubbed on the frame there in the back. Mine was bad right there.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 PM

the factory plastic clip held the wires against the frame too tight!. just pop it free and wires will hang free. might need some scuff repair.
did mine when new,no problems in 8 yrs..

Old 02-17-2018, 02:05 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by happythree
the factory plastic clip held the wires against the frame too tight!. just pop it free and wires will hang free. might need some scuff repair.
did mine when new,no problems in 8 yrs..

thanks guys I will check the wires where the trailer wires are and update you soon

Old 02-17-2018, 03:20 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by NFS

anyone?

ok so so here is what I found when the flights are off the signal work but it activate the other signal so it’s like hazard lights. When the headlights or dash lights are on then the turn signal and the brake doesn’t work and it flashes fast. But when the headlight is off it flashes normal but turn both of them on!! Reserve light are normal. I don’t know it’s so weird. I checked the trail wires and they are fine... any fuse maybe???

Old 02-17-2018, 04:30 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by NFS

ok so so here is what I found when the flights are off the signal work but it activate the other signal so it’s like hazard lights. When the headlights or dash lights are on then the turn signal and the brake doesn’t work and it flashes fast. But when the headlight is off it flashes normal but turn both of them on!! Reserve light are normal. I don’t know it’s so weird. I checked the trail wires and they are fine... any fuse maybe???
UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVED!!

the problem was that the trailer plug was corrosion for some reason water went there and damaged it and caused the short but the wires were fine I cut it out and boom runs like a champ again! Thank you guys for the help

Old 02-17-2018, 06:26 PM

Curious if your trailer harness was factory installed or aftermarket?

Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Curious if your trailer harness was factory installed or aftermarket?
the trailer wire was aftermarket where it’s clnnected to the Hummer factory wires is not the problem. The problem was the adapter where you plug the trailer to for power was corrusion like crazy so I just need to one me a good high quality wire that actually have sealant to protect water from sneaking there

Quick Reply: rear turn signals problem