PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Battery issues

ORIGINAL: DH

I hope this doesnt sound too dumb but I am also having a battery issue(06 H3 9000 mi) 2 recent dead battery episodes. I have tried to open/remove tthe battery box but no luck, it looks like it should be simple but NG. Can someone offer advice,experiences orjust plain old step by step directions & feel free to add a 'DUH" because it was so simple.
happy motoring
Start by removing the battery connectors Negitive one first (BLACK one) 10mm clamp nut.

The push ing on both of the tab clips and lift at the same time the top of the battery cover (tabs on left and right side of battery box)

Old 01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
DH

Thanks much
happy new year

Old 01-02-2007, 09:34 AM

I too experienced a dead battery after only 40 miles. Being that the dealer was more than 150 miles away I opted to go to PepBoys for a new one. What Sucked for me is that the plastic battery cover did not fit back over the new AC Delco battery I had to buy after delivery.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM

We have had battery issues since we bought in Nov. It has been jumpstarted and towed to the dealer. After it arrived they took it in and charged the battery. No loaner car was given but we could get a "Courtesy Ride" whereever we wanted and then they would come pick us up.

Once we got back to the dealer, we found out that the battery was good??? Didn't start but the battery was good. Don't understand their thinking, or lack there of. So they charged it and was gonna send me on my way. It was so frusterating, I guess they thought that charging the battery would work, even though it had been charged at my house a few times before. And a few days later the battery was dead. They ran all of the tests (load, draw, etc) and said the battery checked out and basically said that I left something on. I still was not happy so I forked out $165 for a new battery and install (so they could blame nothing on me) and since then I have had no problems.

Now for trying to get the money for the battery....that is a joke. They are fighting me and saying that there was no code in the computer that said the battery was the problem. But after 3 weeks of trouble free starting I think that answers their question. It was the battery.

Whats there deal? WHy would anyone lie about it and go through the embarassment of seeing their H3 towed to the dealer? There are so many other owners with problems on here, I could only imagine how many there are that aren't on here that are having the same problems. Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done?

I feel a little better now.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 AM

I bought an Optima Yellow top, which the terminal sides are reversed and it’s too short for the box. I put the top of the box in my garage on a shelf and twisted the nylon strap a couple times until there was enough tension(no need to grind or modify anything). Next all I did was pulled off the air tube. If any ones worried about their battery blowing up get an Optima, they don't have acid. Also you can get a big inline fuse which would save any direct shorts which could cause a blowup.

If you're worried about water or mud splashing on it, don't. People have been 4x4ing for years without battery boxes. I think hummer and all the other car manufacturers just put plastic over everything so when people go to check the oil they aren’t intimidated, lol.