Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Robgims
Well, im still doing research and came across the Morimoto brand of HID's. They are highly regarded as the best you can buy. Let's see.................

9006: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

Honestly it all comes from China. You'd be wasting your money buying into their hype. Just my opinion.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Robgims
They are highly regarded as the best you can buy.
No they are not.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM

I retro-ed my 2007 yukon denali headlights before buying my H2. I can tell you Hid's are well worth it IF done correctly. First of all, those Starr lights does not come with output pics (sketchy). You may want to look at the Retrofit Hid site and check out their options. You should not place hid bulbs in halogen housings. The light cannot be focused, therefore blinding oncoming drivers. Projectors are what hid's require (focusing light downwards towards the road). Those ebay kits do not last and their output is mediocre! Retrofit sites take proven oem projectors (bmw, lexus, acura, infinity, mercedes) and supply you with all the equipment you need to install them properly on your vehicle (plus they are badass)!!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:01 PM

Well, i got my HIDs today but before i install them i wanted to find out if it was possible to switch and make the fog lights the DRLs instead of the headlights. The reason i want to do this is so that i can maintain the auto feature. I also know that the HIDs wont work as the DRLs. I did a few searches but could not find an answer. Tnks.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:11 PM

my hid's work fine as daytime running lamps, never had a problem.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM

Wow, i read that the current was at a low level for the DRLs and the power would not be sufficient to fully power the HIDs.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Wink Got the Morimoto 3five kit

Installed my HID kit and im super pleased! Should have done this long ago, I would have saved myself allot of headaches. The kit is super beefy and looks heavy duty! I finally got what I was looking for, matching the LED fogs and improving my headlights. The dudes over at Morimoto said that they don't recommend running the HIDs as running lights (since it is not a consistant power supply it will cut down on the life of the bulbs) so im turning them on manually. Here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?-cam00748.jpg   Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?-cam00749.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 PM

Looks Good ....

Old 07-08-2014, 08:09 AM

Am about to replace the HID lights on my 05 H2. There is one option I don't know whether to get... the "warning canceler". I installed it on my BMW motorcycle and basically, it tricks the computer to thinking that everything is normal on your lights and doesn't give error messages. Question is, does anyone know if the Hummer line gives error messages on faulty headlights? If so, I'll buy the cancelers. If not, I'd rather not pay $10 for them.
Thanks

Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 AM

No warning canceler is needed on the h2 just make sure you get the relay harness as these are not plug and play as standard bulbs

Quick Reply: Anyone tried LED headlight bulbs?