Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Airbag warning light issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 08:28 PM

Clean/seal the connections.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:33 PM

Ok. So I should clean the seal connection in the driverside door or the kick panel? Or should I also clean the seal connection at the loop in the rail door? Also, the code listed, why is this? Because I keep getting when I roll my driverside window down

Old 03-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mbcreech1
Ok. So I should clean the seal connection in the driverside door or the kick panel? Or should I also clean the seal connection at the loop in the rail door? Also, the code listed, why is this? Because I keep getting when I roll my driverside window down
This is really pretty simple. Is this the first old car you have had contact with?

Your truck is 15 Years OLD, wiring harnesses and connectors get worn, dusty, dirty, corroded, and then have poor connections. You have to keep after it, it ain't gonna maintain itself. So, pull off your driver door inside panel, check the wiring, clean the contacts for the window and door locks, check the wiring to the door open/close sensor. The door sensors are known to wear out and malfunction, but good news is they are like $7 to replace. Do that in addition to addressing code.

Are you using the OEM Crappy Azzed Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, get rid of them for a set of quality aftermarket connectors, like Stingers or your favorite brand. #1 mod to do to every H3/H3T.

These trucks monitor electrical connection consistency and voltage to all sensors, modules, switches and accessories through the BCM and/or PCM. When something is not as expected the BCM in your case commands the illumination of the airbag light. It might think your door/window/locks are in the incorrect position, even though they are not. Again, there are multiple possible circuits involved, the code says which one it "thinks" is the issue. Follow the code, inspect, clean and repair.