Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

acts like it wants to stall

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 PM

No, not at all... Some dont actually do anything (the cheap store brands in fancy packages) sea foam definitely works, but I wouldn't think you would need it especially on a vehicle w/ only (50k) on it...

Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM

Seam foam in general is for higher mileage cars to clean out carbon deposits... And high mileage means well over 100k in the 150k range... So it would seem like a last possible option... Following?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 PM

Gotcha. I thought it would be an extra thing I could do to properly maintain it.

Already cleaned the filter (was it really RED before?) it was black when I took it off and now its more like lightish black lol letting it dry overnight and plugging it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM

I have an inherited 2006 H3 with 90k that I'm catching up with the maintenance on. I just had the spark plugs done with no noticable change in how it drives, but after reading how filthy some throttle bodys and MAF sensors are from you guys I just had it done while it was at the dealer (Don't judge... I don't have a garage anymore and no daylight when I get home). The rig has never stalled on me once but it always acts like it wants to when stopping.

I have to say after getting the TB and MAF sensor cleaned its a different car. It actually holds at 1,000 RPM as I'm rolling to a stop, and then drops to idle at 5-600. The stumble is gone. And I'm not one of those people who claims to feel a difference from a K&N air filter or anything, I'm honestly surprised it operates better now.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM

(BTW.... long time lurker, first time poster). Been reading all about my stumbling, head issues, and leaky sunroofs!

Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 PM

I'm having the same prob too 06 h3 73 thousand at the light feels like its gonna stall then it's fine and a bad vibration from the steering wheel WHILE STOPPED

Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Basic maintenance. Clean the TB and MAF every 50K and you're good.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM

Did all that seems better, but now I feel like I'm getting like a restriction, I feel like I have no power and really have to push it, like when ur going up a hill but I'm not on a hill

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Mine was actually stalling out on me! The idle would fluctuate a lot and it would stall upon applying the brakes to a stop. I took the TB off and cleaned the backside as good as humanly possible. I put it back on and it was fine. The truck spit out one code while it was stalling, P0014. I changed the VVT solenoid and both cam postioning sensors (intake & exhaust) when all I had to do was clean the damn TB.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Question gasket?

2007 H3 (77,000miles), Mine started having this issue and stalled on me yesterday while turning into an intersection. I get the stumble/shuttering as i come to a stop along with the RPM drop and dimming lights and then it comes back to life. Pressing the gas while parked, it acts like it wants to stall and then picks up; also has rough idle. I was going to try spark plugs first but will try the throttle-body and MAF cleaning first. My question, do I need to buy a new gasket when removing the throttlebody? Does it have a gasket? Also, do the throttlebody spacers work?

Thanks...

Quick Reply: acts like it wants to stall