Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC Blower fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I can also look into this for you with the VIN for the vehicle Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Keep us posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
How about looking into recalling this fire hazard! If not just leave.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Ok, when I cranked it up, it started off with 1000rpm, and now it's decreasing alomost to 500rpm
I'll get my dad to look at the rest

Thanks and I'm not giving out any vin #s :/

Old 06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

500 about right,,just add freon!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
500 about right,,just add freon!
Thanks

Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM

speaking of a/c issues..since i hardly ever need to use it here in oregon i am unaware of any issues that arise with it until last year when i brought my truck in for a transmission service to a local gm dealer they found a bad seal and leak on the a/c compressor and fixed it under warranty. Well when i went to use the a/c yesterday(75 degrees and a little humid haha) it was blowing out warm air and never cooled off. all the controls and lighting work perfectly, just not cold at all. i called up the dealer and he said to bring it in...but he's not checking it for free so i figured i'd dig around on the forum first. im thinking there must be another leak and i need it recharged. any other possibilities i should look into?
i found a previous thread where drtom explained how to recalibrate the temp actuator? I did that, temp and blower ***** to the right, mode to the left, depress ac and defrost button at same time until you get the flashing lights. everything worked as stated...still dont know if that fixed anything cuz the temp is only in the 60's right now.
any help is greatly appreciated, i am mechanically inclined so if you have any other ideas i'd rather look into it myself. i do not trust most dealers in the first place. thanks guys

Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
speaking of a/c issues..since i hardly ever need to use it here in oregon i am unaware of any issues that arise with it until last year when i brought my truck in for a transmission service to a local gm dealer they found a bad seal and leak on the a/c compressor and fixed it under warranty. Well when i went to use the a/c yesterday(75 degrees and a little humid haha) it was blowing out warm air and never cooled off. all the controls and lighting work perfectly, just not cold at all. i called up the dealer and he said to bring it in...but he's not checking it for free so i figured i'd dig around on the forum first. im thinking there must be another leak and i need it recharged. any other possibilities i should look into?
i found a previous thread where drtom explained how to recalibrate the temp actuator? I did that, temp and blower ***** to the right, mode to the left, depress ac and defrost button at same time until you get the flashing lights. everything worked as stated...still dont know if that fixed anything cuz the temp is only in the 60's right now.
any help is greatly appreciated, i am mechanically inclined so if you have any other ideas i'd rather look into it myself. i do not trust most dealers in the first place. thanks guys

Well if you recharge it the system IS under pressure after all. A can of juice is cheap, and I bet if the leak is bad enough and you had it in a dead quiet garage you may be able to hear it. Just a quick cheap idea before you hand your truck and wallet off to the stealership.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned

i found a previous thread where drtom explained how to recalibrate the temp actuator? I
!!not me!,,,i still couildnt do it if needed.

freon kit was $35,a while back. all fittings, inst book,meter for pressure.
i just loaned part of mine to son in law so ill need to resupply!!

btw i had a partial can connected for abt 2 yrs,was still good!,so if u pay attention and handle it right ure good to go. IT WILL FREEZE YOUR FINGERS SO DO PAY ATTENTION,,,or pay someone else

Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Thumbs down Danger - don't just add freon - danger

Originally Posted by drtom
kiss,,,just add freon
Don't just add Freon! The other items in my list are not hard to check and cost nothing to check.
Adding Freon should be your last resort. If you don't know what you are doing, it can be dangerous and damaging to your vehicle. You don't want to add Freon if there is another cause. (Putting a band aid on a band aid never helped anyone or anything.
BE SAFE GUYS!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by cdobis
Don't just add Freon! The other items in my list are not hard to check and cost nothing to check.
Adding Freon should be your last resort. If you don't know what you are doing, it can be dangerous and damaging to your vehicle. You don't want to add Freon if there is another cause. (Putting a band aid on a band aid never helped anyone or anything.
BE SAFE GUYS!
Can you explain how it could be dangerous? The person we are trying to help stated he was mechanically inclined so I didn't think it would be a problem.

I've never heard of a cooling system being over pressurized using a proper kit and causing any kind of danger or "rupture" but maybe I'm missing something here.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

the cheapest kit has a pressure meter,,,this is becoming like using a hummer to crush an ant hill!!!. just add some freon. 99.999999999% times thats it

Quick Reply: AC Blower fix