PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio suddenly won't work, other misc priblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Default Radio suddenly won't work, other misc priblems

Hi guys. Was going on a road trip about 2hours in I developed a problem with my 09 H2. Suddenly the radio wouldn't work at all (oem non nav) and nor would the ac unit below although that subsequently came back online. It's almost like there's no power to it. I checked the fuse board next to the engine and that looks ok (although the drls have never worked). Am at a bit of a loss. For a brief second the air bag check light and message came on but don't know if that's connected or not. Any theories out there?

Radio is oem, although I am running an ipac/gateway off it for Bluetooth which has worked flawlessly for three months or so.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:39 AM

I came across this old thread:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...2008-h2-23902/

Could possibly be the entire fuse box circuit board. You have a lot of random stuff going, so that would be my first guess. I don't know the part number offhand.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 PM

So headed back home today, and the radio worked flawlessly to my surprise, although the DRLs still didn't work. Am pretty puzzled about the whole thing. I did buy one of these last time I was in the US, as i was thinking this could come in handy.

Is this a straight forward swap, or do i need to think about reprogramming anything ?

Old 08-16-2015, 08:19 PM

I wish I could say one way or another. I never swapped them out.
I can take a look in the service manual & see if it mentions anything.

I haven't the bluetooth. I may have to go out & try it. Your 2009 didn't have it?

Old 08-17-2015, 12:22 PM

No it didn't have it. I basically bought one of these, it's been working perfectly for a good 2 or 3 months without problems.

Amazon.com: iSimple ISGM651 Premium Factory Radio Interface for iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and Android For Select GM Vehicles - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iSimple ISGM651 Premium Factory Radio Interface for iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and Android For Select GM Vehicles - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black: Car Electronics

Really impressed with the sound quality. The only thing I wanted to add was a subwoofer in the back. I did buy an LOC but just not got round to splicing in yet. I have the Y91 premium kit.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:11 AM

Ok. So I've found out what the issue was with the drl's for some reason there was a small inline switch put in under the dash for them which I'd never seen previously so now I can independently have them on or off with the headlights. Radio problem occurred again. Almost same symptoms. First an issue with cruise control not coming on properly, then service air bag notification. Radio and ac unit then loses power. So frustrating....

Old 09-27-2015, 11:23 AM

Hummer dealer saying now that it's the rollover sensor on my 09 which is causing the problems. Apparently it's faulty and that's what's throwing out the air bag sensor, cruise control button (intermittently working) and radio/heater power. Any thoughts on this ?!

Old 09-27-2015, 02:02 PM

I have no clue how hard the replacement is for the roll over sensor.
I can look it up in the service manual if you like.

As for the answer, I have no clue. I've been lucky so far & have had no electrical issues. Is your dealer contact usually on target or is he more hit or miss?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:30 AM

Well to be honest he's the last official GM dealer here in Moscow (Russia) so I am kind of tied. They're pretty decent though. I ordered the remote sensor anyway. Here they had it priced at $770 though, but i found one on ebay for 150 - looks easy enough to change (under the console, by the amp) so will get it swapped and see if it solves the problem. Apparently after the electrician's diagnosis, they said this was the only module that came back with faults, and they traced the wiring back to it. Of course no guarantees blah blah, but will try that. Even if it doesn't solve my problem, the rollover sensor is pretty important, so it needs changing.

Now the problem I have is that whilst they undo the center console, to replace the module, they're going to be right next to the Bose amplifier. Maybe now's the time to put my LOC in so I can finally get a subwoofer in... what do they say about every cloud has a silver lining

I'll let you know how I get on. Although one thing, if you can let me know how many hours you think it will take to swap over (what does the manual say) ? Appreciated.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Well to be honest he's the last official GM dealer here in Moscow (Russia) so I am kind of tied. They're pretty decent though. I ordered the remote sensor anyway. Here they had it priced at $770 though, but i found one on ebay for 150 - looks easy enough to change (under the console, by the amp) so will get it swapped and see if it solves the problem. Apparently after the electrician's diagnosis, they said this was the only module that came back with faults, and they traced the wiring back to it. Of course no guarantees blah blah, but will try that. Even if it doesn't solve my problem, the rollover sensor is pretty important, so it needs changing.

Now the problem I have is that whilst they undo the center console, to replace the module, they're going to be right next to the Bose amplifier. Maybe now's the time to put my LOC in so I can finally get a subwoofer in... what do they say about every cloud has a silver lining

I'll let you know how I get on. Although one thing, if you can let me know how many hours you think it will take to swap over (what does the manual say) ? Appreciated.
Sounds like you're making lemonade out of lemons.
The manual is fairly annoying. On one hand, it's awesome for knowing where & how things are attached & how to remove them (usually). Other times, you want to rip someone's head off because there's no list of tool sizes, how long it should take or much else. It's always a shot in the dark for me if I haven't performed a fix before..