PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

No sound from any sound producing device in my 2008 H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Default No sound from any sound producing device in my 2008 H2

No sound from CD/DVD/MP3/AM/FM/XM system, although it is powered on, there is no sound coming from the speakers.

There is no sound when I press the blue OnStar button, nor is there sound when I press the OnStar Personal Calling button.

There is no sound when I press the button on the steering wheel that allows me to give voice commands such as "RADIO XM, RADIO FM", etc.

There is no chime when a door is opened, and strange as it may sound, there also is no sound at all when I use the turn signal, though I was not aware that the sound from using the turn signal had anything to do with the audio system.

Everything was working perfectly when I parked the H2 in the garage last night after work. I attempted to turn the truck off, however, I did not remove the key and open the door when I did this. I am at work now, so, I will be able to look into whatever tips are suggested when I leave to go home, but, is this something that could have happened "suddenly" like this?

I have only had this H2 for a couple of months now, so I don't know of any history of any electrical problems. The CarFax did not indicate any trips to the dealer for any diagnosis of any electrical faults, and this is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, so, I would expect that there is no "reported" history of major issues.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM

Hi when you take it in to the dealer they can run the vin# and bring up all repair history done by GM/Hummer dealers. As for your problem it could be many things but must be common to all sound items such as the BCM, Radio head unit, Amp, fuses, relays and wiring. When the turn signals on are on they chime through the left door speaker they don't have a flasher like old cars.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Well, this is strange.

Everything is back to normal now.

When I started my H2 to come home from work, everything was working again.

Guess I will have to keep my "ears" open to see if this happens again.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Hi i glad its working for you now. Also something else to note 2008 h2 and Gm trucks also have a crappy fuse block in the engine compartment. Their is a circuit board in between. The wiring comes in the bottom then to the board then to the relays and fuses. If some parts of the board goes for a chit you end up changing the hole fuse block because its not repairable, i changed mine last winter when my wipers stopped working.