Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2006 H3 wont start after using remote start

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Default 2006 H3 wont start after using remote start

I have a 2006 Hummer H3 and it just started this problem today. When you try to use the remote start, it will not start, and after you use the remote it wont even start with the key. If i leave the key to on for about 10 minutes it resets and it is back to normal until i use the remote start and it screws it up again. Anybody have any ideas on what to try? its almost like the remote start un programmed itself. I did have the battery cable off a few days ago so maybe that messed it up. And i already tried taking it off to reset it. Any help appreciated. I don't believe the remote start is factory either. Thanks

Old 05-19-2014, 08:55 AM

[QUOTEIf i leave the key to on for about 10 minutes ][/QUOTE]

an ez guess is the mote start is telling the h3 its being stolen. bad mote start?
if i get in and lock doors, then put key in i get a horn beep. the h3 cant figure how i,(someone) got in without unlocking.
similar?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H3ummer
I have a 2006 Hummer H3 and it just started this problem today. When you try to use the remote start, it will not start, and after you use the remote it wont even start with the key. If i leave the key to on for about 10 minutes it resets and it is back to normal until i use the remote start and it screws it up again. Anybody have any ideas on what to try? its almost like the remote start un programmed itself. I did have the battery cable off a few days ago so maybe that messed it up. And i already tried taking it off to reset it. Any help appreciated. I don't believe the remote start is factory either. Thanks
Remote start is aftermarket.

Do you still have the crappy OEM Battery Terminal connectors? If you do, get rid of them for a quality set of aftermarket terminal connectors like Stingers. Search out the many threads on bad OEM battery terminal connector, one they are over-tightened they become very unreliable.

Also search passlock problems.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:12 AM

I did some searching on the remote start itself and it is common for them to become un programmed after cable removal. There is a easy process to remprogam it and I'm sure it will work but haven't had a chance to try it yet because I let a family member borrow it. It does still have the factory batt cables and I might look into that. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:32 PM

I had issues with mine when I first got it installed. The installer told me that the H3's are one of the hardest to put a remote start in because of some resistor that has variable voltage as opposed to a fixed voltage. It has something to do with the OEM security, and the truck basically thinks someone is trying to start it without the pass lock key, so it throws it into protect mode, and won't start with the key for 10 or 15 minutes (can't remember which).

Old 08-19-2023, 03:55 PM
Default Have you found the solution?

Hey i’m having the same problem as you. I have a 2006 Hummer H3 with a compustar alarm/remote start system. I remote start my hummer, it only cranks but doesn’t turn on. I have to wait 10 minutes to start it with the physical key then it’ll turn on. I could use it with the physical key forever and not have any problems, but the moment i try using my remote start then the hummer will only crank but not fully start. Have you found the solution?

Old 08-20-2023, 09:58 AM

I see a theme here :>
My girls 06 H3 had remote start and we simply stopped using it because it was such a pain in the who ha.
I'll suggest an easy repair! Get the remote start out, like all the way out, lol! J/K

Old 08-20-2023, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ethanmartinez16
Hey i’m having the same problem as you. I have a 2006 Hummer H3 with a compustar alarm/remote start system. I remote start my hummer, it only cranks but doesn’t turn on. I have to wait 10 minutes to start it with the physical key then it’ll turn on. I could use it with the physical key forever and not have any problems, but the moment i try using my remote start then the hummer will only crank but not fully start. Have you found the solution?
You posted on a 9+yr old thread! Look here:

Old 08-21-2023, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Closing this OLD Thread after I add that your no start aftermarket remote starter is either the problem itself. Or someone changed the ignition switch after they remote start was installed and the remote start no longer recognized the switch when commending start.