Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2006 h3: Stab system failed, chugging engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 09:42 PM
Unhappy 2006 h3: Stab system failed, chugging engine

I am about ready to give up.

I was having some pretty significant idle issues and my Hummer dying when it was hot outside, the AC running, and when at idle or stopped.After running redline fuel system cleaner through it to clean the injectors, replacing the throttle body, MAF sensor, and having the computer re-flashed the engine light is gone and no longer giving me this issue. In fact it's pretty much smooth sailing.

But now? "Stab system failed" is coming up just while driving on the road (dry roads at that). There's a new "shaking" feeling in the front end when applying the brakes and a hesitation when accelerating sometimes. My mechanic advised me to just "drive it" because the computer may still be working out some issues as it relearns. Well, that's becoming impossible. Just driving it around the neighborhood at speeds of up to 35 - 40 mph with the AC running wide open the "stab system failed" light comes on and when I say the engine starts shaking like it's going to jump out of the front end I mean it. It feels absolutely terrifying and will hesitate before accelerating.

I have absolutely no idea where to turn next and don't have the money to take it to a shop and have it looked at and I certainly can't pay premium labor costs. Someone suggested my BCM may be on the fritz and that's scary to think about too.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Have it scanned and post the codes.

Are you still using the POS OEM Crappy Azzed Battery Terminal Connectors? Everybody here knows what to do if you are......