Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

07 h3 bad idle

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
No relationship, one is purely electrical, the other mechanical.

The StabiliTrack warning is within the BCM ABS functions.
Yeah, just weird issue that is kind of baffling. sometimes the stability light will stay on for miles and it runs fine.once off...it goes back to the rough running condition. Pull up to a red light with the light off,...it bobbles and idles bad. Light comes back on...idles level. weird..lol

Old 06-11-2021, 02:02 PM

then i would either tighten the intake throttle body and manifold bolts or get all new gaskets. solve that issue then continue from there with the traction issue if you still have it after.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by BamaH3
I don't need a video of how the MAP works. My question is the stability light coming on and the idle issue clears up. If the MAP sensor is directly linked to the stability control, I would like videos or schematics of that function
Obviously you dont comprehend.
P0108: The ECM detects that the MAP sensor voltage is more than 4.90 volts for more than 4 seconds.
Vacuum Leak will cause high Map sensor voltage, reduced power, stabilitrak disabled.
FIX THE VACUUM LEAK AND RECHECK.
Also, make sure your scanner has the ability to pull codes from ALL modules!

Old 06-11-2021, 02:39 PM

Btw, there are many other issues that could cause stabilitrak to disable.
There's a tsb on the the map sensor wiring to connector, which could cause P0107 (The ECM detects that the MAP sensor voltage is less than 0.10 volt for more than 4 seconds).
Watch and Learn from this partsthrower=$$$$ for an example of a simple cheap repair:

Old 06-12-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by BamaH3
I don't need a video of how the MAP works. My question is the stability light coming on and the idle issue clears up. If the MAP sensor is directly linked to the stability control, I would like videos or schematics of that function
A possibility might be a wire acting like a ground for something else. One of the videos Hummerz shared included a ground issue, too. Hummerz has some solid insight on the interconnectedness of the systems. Checking ground points (pulling them off, cleaning them up, and re-securing) might be a solid cheap and area to put on the to-do list. Another would be inspecting wires on and around the engine as well as popping off the cover of the plastic harness cover mounted to the valve cover (near the timing chain) to inspect for exposed wires in there (I have been told some people have had issues in there). The worst case, you know you have solid ground connections and no exposed wires. Best case, it resolves an issue or two.

Old 06-12-2021, 02:35 PM

Btw, if you see damaged wire loom, replace it!
Search online & stock up, or 30cents a foot(24cents on sale) @ HFT